[confirm] Cannot reconnect after S3 (1 Viewer)

wupperi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 29, 2007
    Unterfranken
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

a new problem got introduced with 1.5 that I have never seen before. My TVServer runs 24x7. I usually send my Client to S3 when stopping to watch TV, listen to music, etc.

Before 1.5 after wake up from S3 everything was fine. Since 1-5 I have the issue that the client complains about the server not being available - but of course it is. MePo automatically shows the menu where I can enter the server IP adress.
    Switching back to the main screen and back into the TV menu then makes Mepo see the server again.
    This behaviour is reproducable.

I attach logs, which also show errors after resume:

TvServer: Failed to execute remote TV server operation (IsAnyCardRecording) Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.

Shutdown time was 20:10:49, wake up at 20:11:07

Last edited:

wupperi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 29, 2007
    Unterfranken
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I looked a bit further into the issue. In fact I re-installed mepo client. So, I got rid of the
    TvServer: Failed to execute remote TV server operation
    error, however the strange S3 standby issue remains. Every time after standby (Suspend to RAM) on the client when the mepo client wakes up it cannot find tvserver and asks me to enter its name (or IP). Escaping one menu back and switching on TV then works fine.

I also found out this issue only appears, when I am sending the client into S3 when watching TV, so without stopping the TV stream first.
    I am just guessing, that when resuming from S3 the client tries to restore the TV stream (or window) which it cannot find and then "assumes" tvserver not working.

Steps to reproduce:

1) Client/Server setup
    2) Start client
    3) Switch to TV
    4) Set a channel
    5 set to fullscreen
    6) send client to S3
    7) wait 20 secs
    8) wake client up
    9) you should see the tvserver setup screen

I am attaching two more logs, only client side since this issue seems purely related to the client. They both end when the tvserver ip adress setup screen was visible on MePo. The log entry then was:

GUIWindowManager: Could not find window -1

Attachments

• MediaPortal_1940.txt
      87.5 KB
    • MediaPortal1946.txt
      88.4 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom