Cannot see extended fields (1 Viewer)

vdo

September 23, 2015
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hi, I am a new user and have been testing setting up MediaPortal (MP 1 ver. 1.12) and MyFilms (ver. 6.1.0.3107, Catalog Type: Ant Movie Catalog Xtended (V4.1)). I've gone through a lot of the Wiki documentation, learning how configurations and views work and testing adding different database fields to views.

What I want to do is to add a way to see Recently Watched videos. I plan on doing this by adding the last watched date to a view and setting the sort on that.

From what I understand from reading the Wiki pages, the Last Seen field would be the field to use and that field should be available since extended fields are supposed to be available. But when I look in the dropdown of available db fields, I do not see that field listed (as shown in below screenshot). Is there something I need to do to make that or other extended fields appear? I have attached the MyFilms.xml config file - please let me know if any other file is needed.

upload_2015-9-23_11-18-55.png

Attachments

• MyFilms.xml
    29.6 KB

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    Hi vdo,
    if I understand you right, you want to see a list of the movies you've already watched. This can be achieved by using the "Watched" field with a value of "true". You don't really want a view (which would give you a list of all dates when you watched movies which would show you the movies you watched on that date when you enter the date).
    The suggestion will result in a menu entry, that simply will give you a list of all movies that have been watched already.
    The "bad thing" is: Because this is a "film list", it will use the sort and layout you defined for film lists - which is by default an order by sorttitle ascending. You could set the sort within MyFilms manually to sort by "Last Watched Descending" (which is the exact view you'd like iiuc), but this setting will only stay as long as MP is active and reset to the setup default on next restart. You could of course change the default sort for films lists, but that would not nicely match in other film lists.
    Unfortunately, we do not have separate sort settings per view (actually we had this in the past, but removed it to make things simpler).
    As a note: You can create views within MyFilms itself by just browsing to whatever you want and add that view or list via contextmenu as a menu entry - in this example: In menu selct "show all", select "watched", select "true", select context menu and choose "add to menu" (naming might be slightly different, as I don't have english setup here). Context menu also allows to change the default setup for film lists (layout and sortby).
    Sorry I can't offer any better solution for now...

vdo

September 23, 2015
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    OK, thanks so much for giving me a better explanation of how views work. Your suggestion of using the Watched field in combination of manually sorting should work well enough for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom