[solved] Cannot skip when programme info is visible (1 Viewer)

aspik

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 14, 2008
    next/prev is anyway by default unmapped in case of MCE receiver. The mapping has been removed by @morpheus_xx here.

I'm not sure how to proceed without a proper input manger where everyone can define his preferences. Any other volunteers for this issue? :sleep:

Gazlad

Portal Member
    March 19, 2018
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    next/prev is anyway by default unmapped in case of MCE receiver. The mapping has been removed by @morpheus_xx here.

I'm not sure how to proceed without a proper input manger where everyone can define his preferences. Any other volunteers for this issue? [emoji99]
    Hi Both, thanks for all the responses.

Just to clarify on some of the details:

- I'm using 2.1.3
    - I'm not using comskip or any other extensions for the MP client
    - I can skip when the OSD is not visible.
    - Issue occurs on any full screen video (recordedTV, library etc)
    - I'm using the instantskip (+15/30/60 etc) steps by using the Left/Right directional keys on my airmouse. I never use any kind of chapter skipping etc so I'm not sure if this has any issues.
    - It's a very basic airmouse:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00OHMITFK/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_awdb_t1_wcX0Ab5F9C23S
    - To workaround the issue, I press the button on the airmouse to disable the mouse function (so mouse movement doesn't keep reactivating the OSD), wait for the OSD to timeout and then I am able to use instant skip.

Reading Aspik's last post, it looks as though this would require dev work to resolve this but if I can help by running further tests or providing videos/logs, please let me know.

Thanks again.

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    - I'm using the instantskip (+15/30/60 etc) steps by using the Left/Right directional keys on my airmouse. I never use any kind of chapter skipping etc so I'm not sure if this has any issues.
    Hi,
    Then it's clear why it is not working. As I mentioned before the up/down/right/left buttons are reserved for navigation in OSD, which is overlaying FullScreen, so all actions from FullScreen assigned to those buttons will be ignored. There won't be any fix for this, because it is intended behaviour.

I can fix it anyhow for you as follows: OSD appears only on "info" / "Right Mouse" press, but not on mouse movement

If you tell me, whcih skin you are using, I'll give you an instruction how to change it.

Gazlad

Portal Member
    March 19, 2018
    Home Country
    Hi Both, thanks for all the responses.

Just to clarify on some of the details:

- I'm using 2.1.3
    - I'm not using comskip or any other extensions for the MP client
    - It's a very basic airmouse:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00OHMITFK/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_awdb_t1_wcX0Ab5F9C23S
    - To workaround the issue, I press the button on the airmouse to disable the mouse function (so mouse movement doesn't keep reactivating the OSD), wait for the OSD to timeout and then I am able to use instant skip.

Reading Aspik's last post, it looks as though this would require dev work to resolve this but if I can help by running further tests or providing videos/logs, please let me know.

Thanks again.

I should say that I'd be happy to just remove the 'show OSD on video launch' (not sure on the terminology) to workaround, or severly lower the timeout. I haven't found anything in settings related to this - is it possible?

Gazlad

Portal Member
    March 19, 2018
    Home Country
    Hi,
    Then it's clear why it is not working. As I mentioned before the up/down/right/left buttons are reserved for navigation in OSD, which is overlaying FullScreen, so all actions from FullScreen assigned to those buttons will be ignored. There won't be any fix for this, because it is intended behaviour.

I can fix it anyhow for you as follows: OSD appears only on "info" / "Right Mouse" press, but not on mouse movement

If you tell me, whcih skin you are using, I'll give you an instruction how to change it.
    Thanks ge2301. I'm using the default bluevision skin. If you can tell me which config files need to be changed, that would be great.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks ge2301. I'm using the default bluevision skin. If you can tell me which config files need to be changed, that would be great.

In the past it was possible, but I just realized, that after the rework done with MP2.1.3 you can not modify the timer or mouse trigger any more :(
    Both is in the backend code now, which is compiled as library. Even I hide the OSD completely, the timer still counts in the background and within this duration you can not use skipping.

I see only one way to solve it for you. Look for this file: FullScreenContentVideoKeyBindings.inc and edit it with a text editor (before make a backup).
    Change the current content to following:
    XML:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <!-- DataContext model = VideoPlayerModel -->
    <Grid xmlns="www.team-mediaportal.com/2008/mpf/directx"
        xmlns:x="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml"
        DataContext="{Binding Source={Model 4E2301B4-3C17-4a1d-8DE5-2CEA169A0256}}">
      <Grid.Resources>
        <Model x:Key="ExtendedVideoSkip" Id="8573DBD8-A257-426a-9875-9DB155D32D47"/>
      </Grid.Resources>

<KeyBinding Key="Info" Command="{Command ToggleOSD}"/>
      <KeyBinding Key="Back" Command="{Command CloseOSD}" IsEnabled="{Binding IsOSDVisible}"/>
      <KeyBinding Key="Escape" Command="{Command CloseOSD}" IsEnabled="{Binding IsOSDVisible}"/>
      <KeyBinding Key="ZoomMode" Command="{Command PlayerUIContributor.ShowZoomModeDialog}"/>
      <KeyBinding Key="Yellow" Command="{Command PlayerUIContributor.OpenChooseSubtitleDialog}" IsEnabled="{Binding PlayerUIContributor.SubtitlesAvailable}"/>
      <KeyBinding Key="Blue" Command="{Command Source={Service WorkflowManager},Path=NavigatePush,Parameters=A3F53310-4D93-4f93-8B09-D53EE8ACD829}" />

<KeyBinding Key="Up" Command="{Command Source={StaticResource ExtendedVideoSkip},Path=InstantSkipForward}" />
      <KeyBinding Key="Down" Command="{Command Source={StaticResource ExtendedVideoSkip},Path=InstantSkipBackward}" />

<KeyBinding Key="Right" Command="{Command Source={StaticResource ExtendedVideoSkip},Path=SkipStepForward}" />
      <KeyBinding Key="Left" Command="{Command Source={StaticResource ExtendedVideoSkip},Path=SkipStepBackward}" />

</Grid>

Gazlad

Portal Member
    March 19, 2018
    Home Country
    In the past it was possible, but I just realized, that after the rework done with MP2.1.3 you can not modify the timer or mouse trigger any more :(
    Both is in the backend code now, which is compiled as library. Even I hide the OSD completely, the timer still counts in the background and within this duration you can not use skipping.

I see only one way to solve it for you. Look for this file: FullScreenContentVideoKeyBindings.inc and edit it with a text editor (before make a backup).
    Change the current content to following:
    XML:
    <!-- DataContext model = VideoPlayerModel -->
        DataContext="{Binding Source={Model 4E2301B4-3C17-4a1d-8DE5-2CEA169A0256}}">
      <Grid.Resources>
      </Grid.Resources>

<KeyBinding Key="Info" Command="{Command ToggleOSD}"/>
      <KeyBinding Key="Back" Command="{Command CloseOSD}" IsEnabled="{Binding IsOSDVisible}"/>
      <KeyBinding Key="Escape" Command="{Command CloseOSD}" IsEnabled="{Binding IsOSDVisible}"/>
      <KeyBinding Key="ZoomMode" Command="{Command PlayerUIContributor.ShowZoomModeDialog}"/>
      <KeyBinding Key="Yellow" Command="{Command PlayerUIContributor.OpenChooseSubtitleDialog}" IsEnabled="{Binding PlayerUIContributor.SubtitlesAvailable}"/>
      <KeyBinding Key="Blue" Command="{Command Source={Service WorkflowManager},Path=NavigatePush,Parameters=A3F53310-4D93-4f93-8B09-D53EE8ACD829}" />

<KeyBinding Key="Up" Command="{Command Source={StaticResource ExtendedVideoSkip},Path=InstantSkipForward}" />
      <KeyBinding Key="Down" Command="{Command Source={StaticResource ExtendedVideoSkip},Path=InstantSkipBackward}" />

<KeyBinding Key="Right" Command="{Command Source={StaticResource ExtendedVideoSkip},Path=SkipStepForward}" />
      <KeyBinding Key="Left" Command="{Command Source={StaticResource ExtendedVideoSkip},Path=SkipStepBackward}" />

</Grid>
    Thanks ge, that has sorted it for video and recorded TV however the issue still persists for Live TV.

I presume that one of the other config files holds the settings for this. The only other semi-relevant one I can see is related to DVD.

This is greatly improved though, thanks a lot! Would just be good to clear up the Live TV issue so any further info is appreciated.

Attached a pic for reference.
    aab6799b370d8ce3b6cfccf146a3d507.jpg

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks ge, that has sorted it for video and recorded TV however the issue still persists for Live TV.

I presume that one of the other config files holds the settings for this. The only other semi-relevant one I can see is related to DVD.
    This is greatly improved though, thanks a lot! Would just be good to clear up the Live TV issue so any further info is appreciated.
    Attached a pic for reference.
    aab6799b370d8ce3b6cfccf146a3d507.jpg

Look for FullscreenTvKeybindings.inc by search function and change to below
    XML:
        Context="{Model Id=8BEC1372-1C76-484c-8A69-C7F3103708EC}" Grid.ZIndex="-100">
      <!-- ZIndex is required to place this dummy grid in background to avoid un-clickable controls -->
      <Grid.Resources>
        <Model x:Key="ChannelZapModel" Id="1C7DCFFE-E34E-41FD-9104-9AA594E49375"/>
        <Model x:Key="VideoPlayerModel" Id="4E2301B4-3C17-4a1d-8DE5-2CEA169A0256"/>
      </Grid.Resources>

<KeyBinding Key="Up" Command="{Command Source={StaticResource ExtendedVideoSkip},Path=InstantSkipForward}"/>
      <KeyBinding Key="Down" Command="{Command Source={StaticResource ExtendedVideoSkip},Path=InstantSkipBackward}"/>

<KeyBinding Key="Right" Command="{Command Source={StaticResource ExtendedVideoSkip},Path=SkipStepForward}"/>
      <KeyBinding Key="Left" Command="{Command Source={StaticResource ExtendedVideoSkip},Path=SkipStepBackward}"/>

<KeyBinding Key="Info" Command="{Command Source={StaticResource VideoPlayerModel}, Path=ToggleOSD}" />
      <KeyBinding Key="Escape" Command="{Command Source={StaticResource VideoPlayerModel}, Path=CloseOSD}" IsEnabled="{Binding Source={StaticResource VideoPlayerModel}, Path=IsOSDVisible}"/>
      <KeyBinding Key="Back" Command="{Command Source={StaticResource VideoPlayerModel}, Path=CloseOSD}" IsEnabled="{Binding Source={StaticResource VideoPlayerModel}, Path=IsOSDVisible}"/>

<KeyBinding Key="PageUp" Command="{Command ZapNextChannel}"/>
      <KeyBinding Key="PageDown" Command="{Command ZapPrevChannel}"/>

<KeyBinding Key="Record" Command="{Command RecordDialog}"/>
      <KeyBinding Key="R" Command="{Command RecordDialog}"/>

<KeyBinding Key="Ok" Command="{Command Source={Service ScreenManager},Path=ShowDialog,Parameters=SlimTVClient-miniguide}" IsEnabled="{Binding Source={StaticResource VideoPlayerModel}, Path=!IsOSDVisible}"/>

<!-- Channel zapping by numbers -->
      <KeyBinding Key="0" Command="{Command Source={StaticResource ChannelZapModel},Path=ZapByNumber,Parameters=0}" IsEnabled="{Binding Source={StaticResource VideoPlayerModel}, Path=!IsOSDVisible}"/>
      <KeyBinding Key="1" Command="{Command Source={StaticResource ChannelZapModel},Path=ZapByNumber,Parameters=1}" IsEnabled="{Binding Source={StaticResource VideoPlayerModel}, Path=!IsOSDVisible}"/>
      <KeyBinding Key="2" Command="{Command Source={StaticResource ChannelZapModel},Path=ZapByNumber,Parameters=2}" IsEnabled="{Binding Source={StaticResource VideoPlayerModel}, Path=!IsOSDVisible}"/>
      <KeyBinding Key="3" Command="{Command Source={StaticResource ChannelZapModel},Path=ZapByNumber,Parameters=3}" IsEnabled="{Binding Source={StaticResource VideoPlayerModel}, Path=!IsOSDVisible}"/>
      <KeyBinding Key="4" Command="{Command Source={StaticResource ChannelZapModel},Path=ZapByNumber,Parameters=4}" IsEnabled="{Binding Source={StaticResource VideoPlayerModel}, Path=!IsOSDVisible}"/>
      <KeyBinding Key="5" Command="{Command Source={StaticResource ChannelZapModel},Path=ZapByNumber,Parameters=5}" IsEnabled="{Binding Source={StaticResource VideoPlayerModel}, Path=!IsOSDVisible}"/>
      <KeyBinding Key="6" Command="{Command Source={StaticResource ChannelZapModel},Path=ZapByNumber,Parameters=6}" IsEnabled="{Binding Source={StaticResource VideoPlayerModel}, Path=!IsOSDVisible}"/>
      <KeyBinding Key="7" Command="{Command Source={StaticResource ChannelZapModel},Path=ZapByNumber,Parameters=7}" IsEnabled="{Binding Source={StaticResource VideoPlayerModel}, Path=!IsOSDVisible}"/>
      <KeyBinding Key="8" Command="{Command Source={StaticResource ChannelZapModel},Path=ZapByNumber,Parameters=8}" IsEnabled="{Binding Source={StaticResource VideoPlayerModel}, Path=!IsOSDVisible}"/>
      <KeyBinding Key="9" Command="{Command Source={StaticResource ChannelZapModel},Path=ZapByNumber,Parameters=9}" IsEnabled="{Binding Source={StaticResource VideoPlayerModel}, Path=!IsOSDVisible}"/>

</Grid>

Gazlad

Portal Member
    March 19, 2018
    Home Country
    Look for FullscreenTvKeybindings.inc by search function and change to below
    XML:
        Context="{Model Id=8BEC1372-1C76-484c-8A69-C7F3103708EC}" Grid.ZIndex="-100">
      <!-- ZIndex is required to place this dummy grid in background to avoid un-clickable controls -->
      <Grid.Resources>
        <Model x:Key="ChannelZapModel" Id="1C7DCFFE-E34E-41FD-9104-9AA594E49375"/>
        <Model x:Key="VideoPlayerModel" Id="4E2301B4-3C17-4a1d-8DE5-2CEA169A0256"/>
      </Grid.Resources>

<KeyBinding Key="Up" Command="{Command Source={StaticResource ExtendedVideoSkip},Path=InstantSkipForward}"/>
      <KeyBinding Key="Down" Command="{Command Source={StaticResource ExtendedVideoSkip},Path=InstantSkipBackward}"/>

<KeyBinding Key="Right" Command="{Command Source={StaticResource ExtendedVideoSkip},Path=SkipStepForward}"/>
      <KeyBinding Key="Left" Command="{Command Source={StaticResource ExtendedVideoSkip},Path=SkipStepBackward}"/>

<KeyBinding Key="Info" Command="{Command Source={StaticResource VideoPlayerModel}, Path=ToggleOSD}" />
      <KeyBinding Key="Escape" Command="{Command Source={StaticResource VideoPlayerModel}, Path=CloseOSD}" IsEnabled="{Binding Source={StaticResource VideoPlayerModel}, Path=IsOSDVisible}"/>
      <KeyBinding Key="Back" Command="{Command Source={StaticResource VideoPlayerModel}, Path=CloseOSD}" IsEnabled="{Binding Source={StaticResource VideoPlayerModel}, Path=IsOSDVisible}"/>

<KeyBinding Key="PageUp" Command="{Command ZapNextChannel}"/>
      <KeyBinding Key="PageDown" Command="{Command ZapPrevChannel}"/>

<KeyBinding Key="Record" Command="{Command RecordDialog}"/>
      <KeyBinding Key="R" Command="{Command RecordDialog}"/>

<KeyBinding Key="Ok" Command="{Command Source={Service ScreenManager},Path=ShowDialog,Parameters=SlimTVClient-miniguide}" IsEnabled="{Binding Source={StaticResource VideoPlayerModel}, Path=!IsOSDVisible}"/>

<!-- Channel zapping by numbers -->
      <KeyBinding Key="0" Command="{Command Source={StaticResource ChannelZapModel},Path=ZapByNumber,Parameters=0}" IsEnabled="{Binding Source={StaticResource VideoPlayerModel}, Path=!IsOSDVisible}"/>
      <KeyBinding Key="1" Command="{Command Source={StaticResource ChannelZapModel},Path=ZapByNumber,Parameters=1}" IsEnabled="{Binding Source={StaticResource VideoPlayerModel}, Path=!IsOSDVisible}"/>
      <KeyBinding Key="2" Command="{Command Source={StaticResource ChannelZapModel},Path=ZapByNumber,Parameters=2}" IsEnabled="{Binding Source={StaticResource VideoPlayerModel}, Path=!IsOSDVisible}"/>
      <KeyBinding Key="3" Command="{Command Source={StaticResource ChannelZapModel},Path=ZapByNumber,Parameters=3}" IsEnabled="{Binding Source={StaticResource VideoPlayerModel}, Path=!IsOSDVisible}"/>
      <KeyBinding Key="4" Command="{Command Source={StaticResource ChannelZapModel},Path=ZapByNumber,Parameters=4}" IsEnabled="{Binding Source={StaticResource VideoPlayerModel}, Path=!IsOSDVisible}"/>
      <KeyBinding Key="5" Command="{Command Source={StaticResource ChannelZapModel},Path=ZapByNumber,Parameters=5}" IsEnabled="{Binding Source={StaticResource VideoPlayerModel}, Path=!IsOSDVisible}"/>
      <KeyBinding Key="6" Command="{Command Source={StaticResource ChannelZapModel},Path=ZapByNumber,Parameters=6}" IsEnabled="{Binding Source={StaticResource VideoPlayerModel}, Path=!IsOSDVisible}"/>
      <KeyBinding Key="7" Command="{Command Source={StaticResource ChannelZapModel},Path=ZapByNumber,Parameters=7}" IsEnabled="{Binding Source={StaticResource VideoPlayerModel}, Path=!IsOSDVisible}"/>
      <KeyBinding Key="8" Command="{Command Source={StaticResource ChannelZapModel},Path=ZapByNumber,Parameters=8}" IsEnabled="{Binding Source={StaticResource VideoPlayerModel}, Path=!IsOSDVisible}"/>
      <KeyBinding Key="9" Command="{Command Source={StaticResource ChannelZapModel},Path=ZapByNumber,Parameters=9}" IsEnabled="{Binding Source={StaticResource VideoPlayerModel}, Path=!IsOSDVisible}"/>

</Grid>
    Hi ge, that has sorted it, much appreciated. My wife also says thanks!

Apologies for the delay, I've been away for a few days.

I'll keep a copy of these files in case they get overwritten in future upgrades.

For reference, this file were in the 'slimTv.client\skin\default\screens' folder.

Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom