Can't connect error (1 Viewer)

r32godzilla

Portal Member
February 19, 2005
Hi all,

I am trying to get AMpdroid to work from my Huawei Sonic android phone and it keeps coming up with a 'couldn't establish connection' error everytime I try to start it from my phone. I am running Mediaportal 1.1.3.0 I have installed:

•GmaWebservice
•Tv4Home
•WifiRemote

-Added Ampdroid host using QR Scan.
-Port forwarded 8017 in my router to my local IP.
- Added a VPN connection as per Ampdroid instructions which I can connect to successfully on my phone
-Made sure the password is correct in the gmawebservice config.xml file

Just can't figure out why it keeps saying it can't connect when I run the VPN connection and then try to login to Ampdroid.

ANy ideas?

Cheers,

JP

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Do you have this problem when using the remote or when trying to browse your media?

r32godzilla

Portal Member
    February 19, 2005
    Do you have this problem when using the remote or when trying to browse your media?

Hi Oxan,

thanks for the reply. I'm kind of tearing my hair out lol at this stage trying to get it to work. I have spend hours trying. Heres what I have done so far and the errors I get.

-Updated Media Portal to v 1.2 RC1
    -Have all the prerequisites installed and passwords as admin/admin for Ampdroid client, Wifiremote and the GMAService config.xml file as mentioned in my earlier post.

I currently start a VPN connection from my phone which connects ok. From there I start Ampdroid and try and select my client which is using my n/w card mac address, IP of 192.168.0.11 and admin/admin. Ampdroid starts with a 'couldn't establish connection error'

When I try to browse into videos it loads ok, but haven't shared any videos yet as I really wanted to get the streaming live TV part going first. However when I go out of videos and try back in again the next time it says 'wrong username/password'

If I try and go into TV it says 'no connection - No connection to service, wake pc using WOL?" and doesn't do anything if i click yes.

I did however manage to get the little guy in the bottom right to light up when I logged into Ampdroid using my Windows username and password which I think I used as the Media Portal username and password, but I can't for the life of me get that to light up anymore no matter what accounts I try. Any ideas as I really want to get this going and its driving me bonkers! lol

r32godzilla

Portal Member
    February 19, 2005
    Just an update. I managed to get the GMAWebservice side of things partially going where I can browse some shared video file directories i have by goign into advanced client setting in Ampdroid and putting in admin/admin again. However when I try to play one of these files I now get an error 'Error: Media_error_unknown.."

Also managed to get the TV service going by reinstalling the TV4Home Core 1.2beta again. Currently trying to get it to stream a show to the mobile under manual section?? No luck as yet :/

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    MEDIA_ERROR_UNKNOWN usually is an indication for an incompatiblity between your hardware and the stream we play. Sadly it's a really, really awful story to get it working on all kind of devices that are out there. I'm working on it, but not with very much progress.

Do all other features work now? If no, please try to create a logfile with an app such as aLogcat.

manyakim

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 20, 2005
    Zeeland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    i have a similair issue. I can connect and stream tv & movies, but i'm unable to control my htpc thru the ampdroid remote feature.
    I've tried it with the "Wifiremote demo client" and this is working as usual.

I've also tried to change the ports of wifiremote plugin, but i was unable to change these ports on my HTC Sensation.
    When i change the port number on my phone, somehow it does not save this change.

So i think it something to do with my phone but i was unable to figure out what it is.

If someone solved this issue, please let us know.

Thanks

Not sure what just happened, but it's working now !
    I was struggling with this issue for several weeks, i've updated GMA webservices and Wifiremote plugin, and now it works !

Thank you devs for making this possible.

One happe AMPDROID user over here, keep up the good work !

HTPC_Steve

Portal Member
    June 11, 2007
    Home Country
    I was getting "cant connect errors" also, have just got aMPdroid running.

I had not installed bonjour, but had ticked the ignore button on wifiremote config.

Once i installed bonjour, wifiremote was starting (prior to this it didnt open a network port for tcp/8107), and
    the demo client would work (actually, it would detect my htpc, via bonjour i assume).

Also, i used the QR code to config aMPdroid, but it didnt seem to work until i deleted the MAC addr from the config (HTC Desire S).

So, im not sure if wifiremote is bailing out if it cant find bonjour (even though ignore was ticked).

aMPDroid is very cool, and wifiremote means i dont have to pick up my keyboard - very cool!

Thanks!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom