Can't delete an episode (1 Viewer)

mediaportalman

Portal Member
April 17, 2017
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
I can't delete an episode of 'The One Show' Recorded on 8 May 2017

The logs are attached- the file is quite large, but with the above provided info- maybe this will help you pinpoint the problem. I can't delete any recordings it would seem

Can someone explain what is happening?

Attachments

• A.jpg
    A.jpg
    233.7 KB
  • B.jpg
    B.jpg
    227.9 KB

mediaportalman

Portal Member
April 17, 2017
Home Country
Now for some reason I can't see the horror channel............is it really that scary?

Attachments

• c.jpg
    c.jpg
    269.4 KB

JimCatMP

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 1, 2010
    Leeds
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I'll try :).

Latest entry I can see in log files is 10 mins before screen shot - I see from apps log you took log dump via Watchdog before screen shots [as in you've seen the issue, created logs and then recreated screen shot for posting - perfectly reasonable way of doing it:->

I cannot find any reference to One Show in logs, but it's clearly there somewhere from screen shots.

Do the files still exists in your recordings folder [the .ts video file and the .xml file - something like "One Show - BBC ONE London - 2017-05-80.ts" & One Show - BBC ONE London - 2017-05-80.ts"?

Is they exist, you can try just deleting them and then in TV section, under Delete recordings, select 'Invalid Recordings' [tidy up of the DB for missing files in effect], if not, then still try same action, either way, hopefully that will sort your DB content.

I can't delete an episode of 'The One Show' Recorded on 8 May 2017

The logs are attached- the file is quite large, but with the above provided info- maybe this will help you pinpoint the problem. I can't delete any recordings it would seem

Can someone explain what is happening?

Ref Horror Channel - system [Windows or MePo - sorry can't be sure which] thinks the tuner is busy, not specific to any channel.

From screen shot, it does not look like any recordings are happening, do you have any other client machines using the same server perhaps? If not, suggests simply the MePo or Windows is confused and a restart of the TVServer and/or full reboot may be needed.

I problem persists, please repost logs from Watchdog, hopefully someone with more knowledge of TVServer can assist.

TTFN - JCMP

mediaportalman

Portal Member
    April 17, 2017
    Home Country
    I know how to remove invalid recordings and will have to use this workaround. Media Portal is stubborn as f***, I changed the recording folder and it keeps on reverting to the default location. Such a pain in the neck. As for the Horror channel not being able to be seen? Sod that, I am going to use alternative software to see those films as any time I want to view/record a channel Media Portal throws a fit. All the reality show, mind popcorn channels work though.

Bollocks

mediaportalman

Portal Member
    April 17, 2017
    Home Country
    This annoying problem persists. What am I doing wrong? Have I effed things up? Here are the latest logs and as you can see my recording of Longmire cannot be deleted

BTW The Horror Channel is back, must have been an aerial problem because I am now using another

Attachments

• d.jpg
      d.jpg
      230.7 KB
    • e.jpg
      e.jpg
      230.6 KB

testuser888

Portal Pro
    December 17, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    does
    Code:
    C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\thumbs\
    exist? If not create it, start a new recording and try again to delete it

mediaportalman

Portal Member
    April 17, 2017
    Home Country
    Ok. I will have to try another recording and see if it can be deleted. Same problem again.

Do you need the logs again? Or is mediaportal just no longer able to delete recordings?

Attachments

• f.jpg
      f.jpg
      225.2 KB
    Last edited:

testuser888

Portal Pro
    December 17, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    [2017-05-26 18:42:30,906] [Log ] [14 ] [ERROR] - RecordingFileHandler: Error while deleting a recording from disk: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\thumbs\Law & Order - 5 USA - 2017-05-16.jpg'.
    [2017-05-26 18:42:30,913] [Log ] [14 ] [ERROR] - RecordingFileHandler: Error while deleting a recording from disk: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\thumbs\Border Security_ Canada's... - Pick - 2017-05-18.jpg'.
    [2017-05-26 18:42:30,920] [Log ] [14 ] [ERROR] - RecordingFileHandler: Error while deleting a recording from disk: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\thumbs\Law & Order - 5 USA - 2017-05-26.jpg'.
    [2017-05-26 18:42:30,926] [Log ] [14 ] [ERROR] - RecordingFileHandler: Error while deleting a recording from disk: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\thumbs\The One Show - BBC ONE Lon - 2017-05-08.jpg'.
    [2017-05-26 18:42:30,933] [Log ] [14 ] [ERROR] - RecordingFileHandler: Error while deleting a recording from disk: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\thumbs\What Facebook Knows About You - Panorama - BBC ONE Lon - 2017-05-08.jpg'.
    [2017-05-27 10:02:23,571] [Log ] [9 ] [ERROR] - RecordingFileHandler: Error while deleting a recording from disk: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\thumbs\Longmire - 5 USA - 2017-05-27.jpg'.
    [2017-05-27 10:02:24,235] [Log ] [9 ] [ERROR] - RecordingFileHandler: adding filename to list of pending deletions: C:\Users\Henry1971\Videos\Media Portal 16\Longmire - 5 USA - 2017-05-27.ts
    [2017-05-27 10:02:25,295] [Log ] [9 ] [ERROR] - RecordingFileHandler: Error while deleting a recording from disk: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\thumbs\Longmire - 5 USA - 2017-05-27.jpg'.
    check if the path is valid/exist as a first step. Somethings wrong on thumbs...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom