Can't find any channels when I do a scan (1 Viewer)

G0141

Portal Member
December 26, 2006
Glasgow
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi, been using Medialportal for a while, mainly to play files etc. I previously used WMC to record on, which worked ok but in wondows 7 when I used Mediaportal and WMC Mediaportal just went pure sluggish after using WMC. So, tried setting up the TV Server to tune into my TV cards using Mediaportal. Installed TV Server and cards are listed in the Server config. However when I scan to find channels absolutely nothing is found . . . getting ready to throw the PC oot the window. Help please. . .

Nova DVB-T 500 / Pinnacle 7010ix DVB-T/DVB-S
Running Vista x64

Sorry don't know how to get a log thing . .

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Are you still using windows 7, because the T500 definitely did not work with it.

Ok so Vista 64, as far as I know there should be no issues, just make sure you ran the installer a administrator.

Collect logs as per my signature, or the very first post under newcomers.

mickebo

Portal Member
    March 4, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    no signal

Hi

I have the same problem, Vista 32bit, Nova T-500 both cards listed in config, got a Win tv-ci with viaccess cam.
    All works fine in Hauppage Wintv6, caded channels and free.
    When I scan in Mediaportal it only says "no signal" and dont find any channels.
    Looked att the instruction videos but that gave nothing, searched the forum and found this.

What am I doing wrong?

/micke

G0141

Portal Member
    December 26, 2006
    Glasgow
    Home Country
    For some reason suddenly started finding channels during scan for DVB-T, still not getting anywhere in finding any DVB-S channels thou :-(

Aye, back to vista x64 now.

Thanks again for any help . . .

Vimes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2009
    Earth, for now
    Home Country
    I have the Pinnacle 7010ix and it will not work with Vista 64, if you have 4GB or greater of memory. Regardless of which of the three different drivers that are available it simply will not work. Even if you manage to get it to find channels then the viewing of them will be interrupted with stutters and the like.

I never bothered to take any of my installed memory out to try it with less.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom