Can't find RTSP streams (1 Viewer)

emueyes

Portal Member
January 16, 2012
Home Country
Hi Everyone

I'm using MP 1.2.2.0 with the TV Server Configuration also at 1.2.2.0. I'm trying to access the streams off my TV tuner (so that I can watch TV on my nice new tablet :).

The tablet runs Android, and there are plenty of apps for it that claim to play rtsp streams, and I think I must have found all of them by now. I've also tried just using the machine the server is running on with PotPlayer and a few other players, no luck

My understanding of a properly formed URI for this is rtsp://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:554/stream-name, where xxx... is the IP address, and stream name is the name of the stream. I haven't seen that mentioned anywhere. I tried Stream1 and realised that was a bit like guessing passwords, I could be there all night. How do I find this stream name?

So in brief, I want to stream TV (DVB-T, I'm in Aus) from the TV server to my Android tablet, over a WiFi connection.
Thanks
Rob

Zoidberg77

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 12, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The stream is named after the CardID of the used TV-Card: rtsp://<server-ip>:<port>/stream<CardID>.0 (e.g. rtsp://192.168.1.2:554/stream2.0)
    You'll find the CardID in your TV-Server configuration. Of course you have to start timeshift of a certain channel, otherwise there will be now rtsp stream ;)
    But maybe you give aMPdroid 1.0 with MPExtended (https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/forums/ampdroid.546/) a try, which would be a much more convenient way to watch tv on your tablet.

M

MEDIAPORTAL

WOW that's much more than I was hoping for, Thanks Zoidberg. I haven't actually got it working, yet... dunno why, the remote functions work but nothing will stream. Fiddle with something for long enough and it'll work though.

I do have a 100Mbit LAN here and it's only an 11g connection to the Xoom, might be part of the problem. Might also be a good kick toward that new router.

Anyway, thanks for the pointer, very nice

Rob

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom