Can't get Harmony to work with Media Portal (1 Viewer)

jang

Portal Member
May 25, 2007
Hello guys. I'm so impressed by MP, and want to use it asap. But I can't coz my remote isn't functioning. Hope someone can help. Below are my details:

Hardware:
HTPC with Microsoft Vista Ultimate
Remote control 1: Sapphiretech TV tuner provided
Remote control 2: Logitech Harmony One
IrDA: Sapphiretech provided USB IrDA

Goal: To be able to use Media Portal (MP) with my Logitech Harmony One and IrDA provided by Sapphiretech

Facts:
1. My Sapphiretech remote control can control Vista's MCE using IrDA provided by Sapphiretech (usb)
2. To get my Harmony One to work with Vista MCE, I have to learn commands from my Sapphiretech remote control- I added device in Logitech - Microsoft- Media Center, and updated my Harmony One, it didn't work.

Challenges:
1. How do you configure Logitech Harmony One to work with MP? With as much buttons working?

I really need this working. Am so impressed by MP. Please help.

SmokeWatcher

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2007
    Arizona
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    It will work with Harmony remotes. In configuration under remotes, select "use general HID device". Works well for me!

J

joostzilla

I use the harmony one with no problems.
    Select in MP configuration: mce remote
    Config the harmony for Windows Media Center
    Dont know if it works with your IrDA but I use the IR receiver that comes with a MCE remote.

should work.

AIstudio

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2007
    Blackpool
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Dont know if it works with your IrDA but I use the IR receiver that comes with a MCE remote.

should work.

What he said :D

I find that most of the MCE buttons work in media portal. I also have power DVD & KMplayer working by mapping the commands in IR server suites Translator tool.

You can also customize the Harmony one for macros. ie, I press Watch TV. That turns on the amp to the correct settings/channel, plasma to the correct input, rear screen lighting on & pc awake :D.

Kev

Earache

Portal Member
    September 11, 2008

should work.

I am having an issue.
    Using that set up in Vista it works fine, but in XP i get no response from the Harmony at all while using MP.
    I can't figure it out and have tried changing USB port, uninstalling/re-installing drivers, using different drivers, but nothing works.

Any ideas? I'm using the MCE IR with Harmony 550.

Thamar

Portal Member
    May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    The Harmony555 and XP (SP3) with the MCE IR work just fine.
    I have no problem what so ever with that combination...

I've set up MP to use the MCE remote, also configured the Harmony like the MCE remote (with the preloaded config, made a few changes for my needs) and works like a charm...

ny888

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Which driver are you guys using for the XP installations?

I have the MCE remote, installed the "obsolete" driver found from the MP forums and get no response from my MCE remote nor my Harmony 880. Is there a thread somewhere with instructions for an XP MCE remote install and config?

I've cheked MCE remote in the remote config already.

SmokeWatcher

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2007
    Arizona
    Home Country
    I'm using the Firefly-mini remote IR receiver and driver that came with BeyondTV.

mummybot

January 28, 2009
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    i use a harmony 555 with a Nova-T 500 receiver, i think the logitech is set to haupaugge WIN TV or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom