Cant get mediportal streaming to work - "unable to play:stream 3.0" (1 Viewer)

U

Unregistered

I have mediaportal installed on two machines.

Machine 1 is a desktop with TV server and Client installed (V1.1.0.0), and works fine as a single seat. This machine has a TV card installed and live TV works fine.

Machine 2 is set to stream from Machine 1, by putting the name of Machine 1 as the TV Server Hostname in the settings. This machine does not have a TV card, and when i then try to play live tv i can see the tv guide fine, but when i select a channel i get the error message "unable to play:stream 3.0". When i select a channel i can see MAchine 2 trying to access the TV server by simultaneously watching the TV Server settings on Machine 1, but as soon as the error appears Machine 2 is kicked.

Any ideas?

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Sounds to me like the streaming port (554) is blocked by the firewall of either client or server?

jhb

Portal Pro
    September 19, 2006
    Gothenburg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I have the same problem from time to time, but if I select teh stream under the live-tv menu->streams, then it works after a few seconds. If I reboot the client the problem disappears. I have no firewall...

Berns

Portal Pro
    July 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    I have a similar issue.
    I have an old XP SP2 as server and a windows 7 32 bit as primary client.
    Whenever the server is rebooted, I have this error. The solution is to run the TV server configuration, go to manual control, stop the service and start the service again.
    As it is a problem I have a work-around for and as this problem only occures every 2 weeks or so (when the server needs to be rebooted for whatever reason) I'm living with the situation.

naich

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Please try different "ports" within the TV Server config (try and error).

For me it solved this problem.

cu

joystick

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Cant get mediportal streaming to work - "unable to play:stream 3.0"

For me permanently (!) disabling IPv6 on Server and Client did the trick!

Maybe give it a try

rich76

Portal Pro
    December 3, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Another thing I would make they are using the same workgroup, xp defaults to mshome where as windows 7 defaults to workgroup. I have found it's best to set both to mshome if 1 pc is xp and the other vista or windows 7 as this makes file sharing more reliable.

Rich

Berns

Portal Pro
    July 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Meanwhile my old XP SP2 machine gave up on me. The video card blew, and this rendered the machine unbootable. As I planned to replace it anyhow, the server now is a windows 7 64 bit machine. I don't have the problem any more. I disabled IP V6 immediately after install, even before installing MePo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom