Can't Import 50% of the recorded TV (1 Viewer)

Biografen

Portal Pro
June 5, 2007
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Another new installation and things f&*#up AGAIN.

Clean installation of the new MP (1.1.0.0) on a brand new PC

When i would import my recorded TV that i have saved from the older MP 1.0.2.0, more han 50% of ALL the recorded files cant be importet.
They are "gray" in the Import section in the TV Server.
The "gray" files has a text in the title that says "unknow channel"

I have not lost any channels
i have not added any new channels
i have not deletet any channels
All channels are "free in the air digital channels"
What is wrong ....how can i fix that ?? ....i have NEVER had any just a LITTLE BIT easy upgrade of MP ....Wife just told me, that this is the LAST time i UPDATE if i dont fit it this time ....surely hope to get some help here this time

Best regards
Biografen

essdiem

Portal Member
January 17, 2009
Sunderland
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
You can look in the xml file of one of the grey recordings to see what the channel was called at the time you recorded it, then either rename the channel in the TV server or use the "change channel" option in the import process.

Biografen

Portal Pro
June 5, 2007
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
#2 99% sure ...(im at work at this moment, so cant check for the last 1%)

#3 i can remember i looked into the xml files yesterday , the channel name was NOT the same .....and i did try to change it IN the file ....but could still not import them .... but ...what is the change channel option in the import process ?? ...do you mean that i shall rename my channel in the tv-server or in the recorded file ...or ...

essdiem

Portal Member
January 17, 2009
Sunderland
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
When you are in the import section of tv-server you can select one of the files that won't import then click on the "change channel" button at the bottom of the screen. That will display a list of all of your channels. You then select which channel it should be.

The other alternative is to change the channel name in tv-server to what it was when recordings were made (go into channels, select the one that is causing the problem, select edit and type a new channel name).

Biografen

Portal Pro
June 5, 2007
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
#5 ... Thx alot ...ill try thta when i come home from work tomorrow morning ...ill let you know how it turns out

Mew

Portal Pro
January 11, 2007
Hertfordshire
Home Country
England England
Hi Biografen

I am not sure if the "Change channel" option was available in MediaPortal 1.0.2, which you have in your system details. I have only noticed it fairly recently so I am guessing it may have made an appearance in a later RC for 1.1.0 (either that or I missed it for some time!).

Mew

Biografen

Portal Pro
June 5, 2007
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
#5 Essdiem .... THX alot, it worked like a charm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom