[no Bug] Can't load MP or MP config any more (1 Viewer)

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
MediaPortal Version: v1.2B
MediaPortal Skin: StreamedMP
Windows Version: Win7 Ult 64
CPU Type: Athlon II X4 630
HDD: 2TB Samsung F4
Memory: 4GB DDR2 1066Mhz
Motherboard: Biostar TA790GXB3
Video Card: HD6950 2GB
Video Card Driver: 11.5
Sound Card: onboard Realtek AC97 (ALC662)
Sound Card AC3: no AC3
Sound Card Driver: 6.01.6299
1. TV Card: Hauppauge Nova-T 500
1. TV Card Type: DVB-T
1. TV Card Driver: 4.3.27240
MPEG2 Video Codec: Cyberlink PDVD10
MPEG2 Audio Codec: ffdshow
h.264 Video Codec: ffdshowDXVA
HTPC Case: Custom
Cooling: Scythe 120mm Bottom Intake Fan, Stock CPU HSF
Power Supply: OCZ StealthStream 400W
Remote: Nova-T 500
TV: Sony XBR800 36"
TV - HTPC Connection: DVI

I've been rearranging my PC (physically) and had booted several times without the LAN cable connected and MP autostarted fine.

Then, when I rebooted I got a Windows error message saying "Mediaportal has stopped working" (it doesn't even load, I get this error as soon as I try and start MP). I get the same error if I try to load MP config. TV Server config still loads OK and I can manually start timeshifting.

Perhaps a reinstall will fix it, but something's obviously got screwed up and maybe the logs will show what. I think Mediaportal.log is from the last time it loaded successfully, as it doesn't get as far as creating any logs any more!

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
I tried reinstalling over the top of the existing installation, but got the same error about being unable to start MP when it was installing MP (before TV Server install).

Then I did a basic uninstall and a Fresh install of MP1.2B. Now MP and MP config works, as does TV Server config, but I get an error when I try and start timeshifting, so it's fixed MP and broken TV Server!

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi doveman

Your database is marked as crashed. To fix it, open a command line and enter the following commands:

CD C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.1\bin
    mysqlcheck mptvdb --auto-repair -e -u root -p

The default password is "MediaPortal" - case sensitive. The above assumes that your MySQL is installed to C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.1\.

devs: why it it always the Program table I wonder...

mm

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Cheers mate. That's sorted it. I vaguely that it would be a problem with the database, but hoped that would get wiped when I did a Full uninstall of MP.

Explains why I was getting errors about Program this and that when I tried to export with BackupSettings. Now everything's OK, I'll use it to export my settings just in case!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom