Wiki Can't log into wiki (1 Viewer)

fujistick

Portal Member
January 18, 2008
Brisbane
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hi,

I'd like to edit one of the wiki pages (for the first time), but i can't seem to be able to log into the wiki.

As i understand it, you have to log into the team-mediaportal homepage, rather then directly on the wiki/forum/whatever page, and this login will then propagate to the other pages/sites.

I've tried logging out of everything (the forum is the only thing i've ever logged into previously), and log into the homepage. At this point, the homepage says i'm logged in, and when i go to the forums, i'm logged in, but the the wiki is still not logged in. If i try and log in directly on the wiki site it says:

"Your login has failed - you input an invalid password. Did you forget your password?"

I've tried logging in with a different browser (that has never logged into any MP stuff with before) with the same result.

I'm sure i'm doing something silly, can someone point out to me what that is. :) Do i need a separate wiki editing account?

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi fujistick - no you don't need a separate wiki editing account, And in the Wiki control panel it shows you ARE logged in. :confused: So I really don't know why it is telling you that you are not!

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    can i be blessed too? i want to update in the area51 native blu-ray post - wiki list of working blu rays

tomtj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2012
    NW Chicago suburbs
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Did you try logging out of the forum then logging in to the website/home page? That normally updates both the forum and wiki logins as they are both 'bridged' to the main website login. The Wiki does not show that you have ever logged in, so you need to do that the first time (but only once).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom