Cant tune all channels - Australia (1 Viewer)

P

pugpete

I cant tune SBS, i can tune all other channels, just not any SBS channels(digital 1,2 or HD) can anyone suggest any fixes? I have already had a look at buying a roof aerial, but i can tune all SBS channels on the TV software (VisionDTV) shipped with my TV card?

thanks

Pete

vbap

Portal Pro
February 15, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
Hi Pete,

It took me a couple of "AutoTunes" to get the ABC channels to show up (I'm testing a FusionHDTV card). All other channels were fine.

Note, delete all the channels prior to attempting another Autotune.

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    If you are using a Digital TV card with standard BDA drivers, then there is an inherent bug in the drivers that stops the card switching from VHF to UHF properly. This means the auto tune doesn't work.

Some DTV makers have released "slightly non-standard" drivers that fix this problem. Let us know what card you have and maybe someone here can help.

It should be possible to key in all the data yourself to get SBS working. A while ago people posted the information here to help me do this (do a search for the info). Unfortunately in my case this didn't help and I gave up, but a lot of other people have had success.

P

pugpete

Marcusb said:
    Some DTV makers have released "slightly non-standard" drivers that fix this problem. Let us know what card you have and maybe someone here can help.

It should be possible to key in all the data yourself to get SBS working. A while ago people posted the information here to help me do this (do a search for the info).

My card is called a VisionDTV TER by Vision Plus (TwinHan) PCI, and its HD Ready.

I will have another search by yep thats all i need, the data to key in myself if anyone has this please post it..

thanks

pete

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom