Capture Cards? Also 'reference renderer'? (1 Viewer)

jtt3011

April 29, 2009
Home Country
England England
Well .. it's all installed, and seems to be (mostly) working, but my 'ead 'urts 'orribly.

However, I cannot change from the default folder for TV recording.

The advice in FAQs is: --> Television --> Capture Cards --> Select (your) Capture Card from the list --> Edit
but there is no capture card list offered in Media Portal config. I've replaced the 'My Docs .... etc' in the video folders
entry, but recordings still go to 'My Docs .... '

Also, after installation (it took 3 days!), with everything seemingly OK, the first reboot brought up a banner (which froze the PC) declaring that a reference renderer was being installed. A reset and reboot worked OK, but whether the said renderer was installed or not, I do not know, and wonder anyway why it was required, since it all seemed OK before the reboot.

PC has 3.2 Ghz P4, 2Gb memory, with XP SP3. TV card is KWorld 3990U, with latest BDA driver installed. TV and EPGs work fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Well it's been a couple of days and we've had no more unable to play errors .
Well it's been a couple of days and we've had no more unable to play errors .
I've just upgraded the motherboard, CPU, ram, boot drives and PSU in my TV Server (always on), and am now having intermittent...
Replies
Views
No compatibility settings at all please. MP2 runs on Windows 10 without further interaction.
No compatibility settings at all please. MP2 runs on Windows 10 without further interaction.
I am new to MediaPortal and just installed the newest 2.2.3 on a Windows 10. The first few days were fine, we recorded TV and...
Replies
Views
Just for clarity. I thought having mobile clients for MP2 would be cool. Hence a lot of thought about firewall and edge traversal/security if I access server from outside my network. But from everything I can find MPExtended isn’t yet released for MP2, so the iPhone app won’t work to watch MP2 server content? I’m guessing MP1 is...
Just for clarity. I thought having mobile clients for MP2 would be cool. Hence a lot of thought about firewall and edge...
I'm struggling to get MP2 working here on just a client/server on same machine config. I'm running Win7. The eventual goal is a...
Replies
Views
OK, this is specifically for people in Belgium (Vlaanderen) who are using Telenet Cable with MediaPortal 2. Next year (Edit: this year, in march 2020) the Telenet provider will stop broadcasting Analog TV and Radio signals on their cable, and make the switch to Digital (DVB-C). The radio signals will disappear completely, so you'll...
OK, this is specifically for people in Belgium (Vlaanderen) who are using Telenet Cable with MediaPortal 2. Next year (Edit: this...
OK, this is specifically for people in Belgium (Vlaanderen) who are using Telenet Cable with MediaPortal 2. Next year (Edit: this...
Replies
Views
It allows to add for example movies, series or music files. MediaPortal will then manage the files and download additional information (e.g. content, actors, ...) and FanArt.
It allows to add for example movies, series or music files. MediaPortal will then manage the files and download additional...
I'm brand new to MediaPortal and ejoying getting to know it better. I have it installed OK and can view and record live TV. I set...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom