"Capture Cards" not listed under "Television". Why? (1 Viewer)

Brash

Portal Member
July 28, 2009
i just installed mediaportal and my display card drivers but i'm not seeing all of the options for the Television section when i do the Advanced setup for media portal.

Cards using:
1. Ati x800 XT All-In-Wonder (agp x8 card that has a built in tuner of some sort for television and FM [think both are analog]) Webpage for card

2. GeniaTech X8350A (pci card with an ATSC tuner) Webpage for card

i'm using all the latest drivers.

I open up mediaportal's (this is V1.0.2 stable release, SingleSeat installation) settings, select "Advanced" and i see the following in the television section:

Television
*TV Client
*TV Postprocessing
*Teletext

and that is all i see. where are the "capture cards" and other settings?

When i open up the mediaporta TV Server settings instead to see if that shows anything i do see 3 things listed for the cards.
it shows under TV Servers when i click on my computer's name 3 items in the "Cards" list

The cards listed names show as
3. Type: atsc - Name: "Digital TV" (cam limit shows 0)
2. Type analog - "Conexant 2388x Tuner" - Type: analog
1. Type: RadioWebStream - Name "RadioWebStream Card (builtin)"
Each has "No" set for "Cam"

When i click on the "Hybrid" tab there is nothing there. which shoujld be correct. i dont think i have any hybrids.

So why does that show the cards yet the other mediaportal doeosn't show any card sections?

milhouse

Portal Pro
November 9, 2006
Raleigh, NC U.S.
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
There are two pieces to MediaPortal. There is the TV Server, which is responsible for managing the cards, recording, timeshifting, guide, etc. Then there is the MediaPortal client, which manages videos, music, pictures, and CONNECTS to the TV Server.

You are seeing exactly what you should see.

In the Television tab of mediaportal setup, set your computer name in the TV Client tab. That'll let the MP client connect to the TV Server.

Scanning for channels and getting guide data you will do in TV Server confugration, and it'll then be controlled from within PM.

Brash

Portal Member
July 28, 2009
oh okay

i was worried.

when you say:
In the Television tab of mediaportal setup, set your computer name in the TV Client tab. That'll let the MP client connect to the TV Server.

Scanning for channels and getting guide data you will do in TV Server confugration, and it'll then be controlled from within PM.

does that mean i have to do the advanced installs of media server stuff.. like sql server/tools because it doesn't go t hrough that in singleseat installation. i have no intension of actually acting like a server

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    MediaPortal always uses a client-server system for TV, even on a single-seat system. Also the TV functions require that the SQL database software is installed - this should have happened automatically during installation.

Tony

tattoozit

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2008
    This same thing happened for me. I just uninstalled the tv-server through control panel, went back into configuration/television, and all the settings were there. just my two...

toozit

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom