Case + Remote (1 Viewer)

eXDee

Portal Pro
February 20, 2008
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hey there,
Building a htpc, but i'm stuck on case + remote issues.
For case im thinking the Silverstone LC20 or LC20m. The lc20m has an imon infrared receiver, and both have a vfd display. For remote i want to use a Logitech Harmony 525 to replace all of our remotes.
First of all, it seems the VFD doesn't work in mediaportal at all? Not a big issue, but it looks cool.
Will the harmony 525 emulating a MCE remote (for ease of setup with mediaportal) work with the imon receiver in the LC20m?
Alternatively i'll go with the much cheaper LC20, and use a different IR receiver. However i cant find any at all here, let alone one that is confirmed working with mediaportal.

Being in New Zealand means i have a rather limited range of purchasing options, so PriceSpy - Compare prices for PC parts from New Zealand's online retailers lists pretty much anything thats available here.

sounddude

Portal Member
March 18, 2008
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Be careful with the LC20, I had over heating issues with this case, but I did have a big cpu and big GFX card inside the case, to handle 1080p media.

I also found the LC20 IR receiver and the harmony remotes were slow to respond.

In the end I dumped my LC20 and bought a bigger Silverstone case, and a MCE remote.

Make sure you do the research before purchasing the LC20 to make sure its going to work for your requirements.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom