Cases Around 30cm/12" Deep? (1 Viewer)

dcwp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2006
    Astana
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I've been waffling on whether or not to buy a new case for my MediaPortal box. I'm going through a major rebuild right now (Documented here) and the temptation is to keep upgrading until it's perfect. The problem is that the shelf I use to hold my current HTPC is very short - about 30cm or 12".

Currently I'm using an Ultra Microfly case, which is basically a QPak clone. It's fine, but not particularly attractive and has to sit sideways on the shelf, making it look a bit ad hoc. I'd like to get something with a component style that would be less obvious and cleaner looking. The problem is that the vast majority of those cases are far deeper than 30cm front to back; most are around 42-45cm.

I have found three cases so far that fit my needs - Silverstone LC19 and LC06 and Hiper Media's slimline cases. I'm wondering if any of you know of other short cases that I may have overlooked. The only important dimension is depth front to back, I don't need slimline - they are very sexy, but hard to cool and tend to be expensive. I have some other ideas about what I want and don't want, but for now I'm just trying to come up with a group to narrow down.

Thanks for any thoughts!

BTW - I don't really have the money, patience, or WAF tolerance to modify both the shelf and the case, so that is probably out of the question.

sloty32

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 21, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hi,

i use exact that case, because i needed the hight, but only 36cm deep. didnt find one that was less deep for a uatx boards that i use.
    and with that short, the dvd -rom is restricted in size, and sit above the cpu. that is were u get the next restriction for your fan.

worked that out, and i like this case, looks great.

dcwp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2006
    Astana
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Thanks for all the suggestions. That GD02 is a nice looking case. In the end I went for a Silverstone LC04. It's a tiny bit smaller at 31 cm deep and only 11cm high, but it still takes a full size OD and had no trouble fitting all my components. Plus I got an amazing deal on the case and I saved more cash because the included PSU is near silent so I didn't have to buy aftermarket.

If you're interested you can see my build here (https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/ongoing-htpc-projects-60/diary-htpc-dabbler-56070/) including the earlier versions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom