Central Plugin Collection.... (1 Viewer)

hobbes487

Portal Pro
August 25, 2005
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Why is there no central plugin site with version control? I realize there is a downloads section with has a few plugins listed, but after browsing the forums for a bit I have noticed there are so many other plugins that are not included.

I don't want to compare, but the way Meedio has/had there plugin system set up works great. I realize this may sound like I am saying "why isn't MP like Meedio", but that's not the intent. I just think their system works very well and it could be very useful here.

I love the fact that there are so many plugins out there any many more in developement. They need to be in a cnetral location so they can be easily found.

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Why is there no central plugin site with version control? I realize there is a downloads section with has a few plugins listed, but after browsing the forums for a bit I have noticed there are so many other plugins that are not included.

I don't want to compare, but the way Meedio has/had there plugin system set up works great. I realize this may sound like I am saying "why isn't MP like Meedio", but that's not the intent. I just think their system works very well and it could be very useful here.

I love the fact that there are so many plugins out there any many more in developement. They need to be in a cnetral location so they can be easily found.

There is one being worked on.

BigCheese

Portal Pro
    January 13, 2006
    Germany
    HI,
    i thought about this, too - for the skins...
    should be some how integrated on the team-mediaportal.com site, not just different site...
    possible?
    http://www.mediaportal-skins.net/

I think the media-portal info about skins, plugins etc is very spread up...
    hm...
    perhaps only my feeling, don't know...
    but: its great :) i love it :)

bye,
    BigCheese

ASiDiE

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2005
    USA
    I would love to help out on this project... I am here like 100 times a day... and have nothing better to do.... Let me know what I can do...

I started a new thread... for all the plugins current located on this MP site. I am then going to add all the ones I can fine... You can check it out HERE

high

Administrator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 31, 2004
    Isselburg/NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

ASiDiE

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2005
    USA
    Yea.. I could do that.... :) I will get working on that. Right now I am writing down all the plugins currently on the website and update any of them if need be. (versions) I will then search for forums for new plugins and grab the files and versions and post them. Somewhere I will post a master list.. that will be very simple... where you can look to see if the plugin is already posted and what version we are at.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom