AScott

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 12, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi There,

I am new to MP having previously used MCE. I have just managed to get almost everything working as I want apart from one major hassle......

I have an External STB (Sky New Zealand) and I have it feeding into the CVBS#1 input of my WinTV-PVR500. I have got 22 channels set up and the guide works perfectly (using XMLTVNZ). The problem is that the Channel Numbers in MP are automatically allocated from 1 to 22 according to the order that I put the channels in the Channel Setup.

What I would like to do is set it up so that the Channel number in MP (I think it is called the Index No.) is the same as the Channel Number on the Settop Box. So for example pressing 30 on the on the remote = 30 on the STB and I get Sky Sport 1. At the moment I have to press 10 in MP and that is mapped to 30 on the STB.

So is it possible to make the MP Channel Number the same as the External Channel Number programmed for the STB?

I have attached my Config.Log and Channellist.xml files for reference.

Regards,
    Aaron Scott

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    I haven't figured out how to do this by editing the XML file yet, but I'm working on it. Meanwhile, if you call up the Media Portal Configuration Utility and go to Television - TV Channels, you will find buttons "Up" and "Down", which become active when you have selected a channel. You can use these to put your TV channels into the order you have on your STB. If you have enabled the the check box "Select channel by index" on the Television tab, you should be able to select the channels by their order in the list (starting with "1", even though both <section name> and <entry name="index"> appear as "0" in the XML file). If your STB channel numbers begin at 1 and have no gaps (unassigned numbers), then it should be possible to reproduce them this way.

P.S. I tried to accomplish this by just editing the attributes <section name> and <entry name="index"> in the backup ChannelList.XML file mentioned above, since this is a lot quicker than shoving the channels around in Media Portal Configuration. Unfortunately, when I tried to import the edited XML file, MePo Configuration crashed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom