[solved] Changing the width of the Movielist in Listview (1 Viewer)

Par3in

Portal Member
August 25, 2014
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi.
I need help from a Pro. Or somebody who is smarter than me.
I tried to decrease the width of the Movielist. I know that there has to be a facade.xml which controls this feature.
I just can't find it. Any help or ideas what I could try woul be amazing.
My Setup:

Mediaportal 1.8.0 Final
Moving Pictures 1.7.3.1594 (fanart Style)
Skin: StreamedMP

What I tried so far:

- changed in every facade.xml coming with Moving Pictures the width for Listview
- scrumbled around with the reference.xml

Nothing seems to work. I am able to change the Position of the List but the width is always the same.
I think that the List itself is created somewhere else and from there Moving Pictures fetches the Information about the sizing of the Listview. But as I said: I am not able to find the right File.
I hope anybody is out there who can point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance.

Par3in

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    They are indeed in the 'facade' skin files, so just make sure you edit the right one for the view you are in, and keep in mind that there are multiple entries of "<type>listcontrol</type>" in each 'facade' as well, so you also have to ensure you edit the right one there.

Also keep in mind that skin cache can sometimes interfere, and that certain skin files are only loaded when MediaPortal starts.

In most cases you can just go back to MediaPortal basicHome and re-open MP-TVSeries plugin for the skin files to be reloaded, but SkinSettings.xml for example usually requires a restart on the MePo app (unless you use a skin debug plugin to force a reload).

Par3in

Portal Member
    August 25, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi RoChess.
    Thanks for your reply.
    Meanwhile I spent hours with searching the right <width> field.
    I'm pretty sure that I found the right view and the right facade. Because I'm able to reposition the movielist. But till now haven't found out how to resize it.
    The ID of the Listcontrol for the movielist should be 50. Editing the fields <posx> and <posy> which hold the values for the Position, has the Effect, that the whole list is moving. But editing the <width> field has only the effect that the stripe, which highlights the selected movie, changes its width. The movielist itself stays the same.
    ID 51 should be the category list. This one is fully editable from the facade.
    Could it be that the list is generated somewhere else as in the plugin's facades? Or is it even possible that the list is hardcoded somewhere?

Greets
    Par3in

Last edited:

Par3in

Portal Member
    August 25, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Solved it myself.

I try to explain what I did, just in case sombody likes to know.

I wanted my list in MovPic look loke this:

List.jpg

How I changed the code in the movingpictures.fanart.facade.xml.

XML:
    <id>50</id>

<onleft>3</onleft>

<onright>3</onright>

<width>600</width>

<posX>1380</posX>

<posY>572</posY>

<height>510</height>

<textXOff>0</textXOff>

<textXOff2>520</textXOff2>

<textpadding>50</textpadding>

The important line is number 17. The value describes how far away from the left edge of the list appears the second Label of the list, which is in my case the releaseyear.
    The value of line 19 defines how mauch space is between the movietitle and the releaseyear.
    This solved my problem.
    Now I have to find out where the second label in the list is defined to change it from releaseyear to something else.
    But this is another Story.;)

Greets
    Par3in

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom