Changing UI size breaks background TV (1 Viewer)

el Filou

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 2, 2008
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    TV-Server Version: 1.0 RC2
    MediaPortal Version: 1.0 RC2
    MediaPortal Skin: Indigo, modded for bigger font sizes through fonts.xml
    Windows Version: XP Pro SP3
    Video Card: Sapphire Radeon 1300 256 MB passive
    Video Card Driver: Catalyst 8.8
    1. TV Card: Hauppauge HVR-1300
    1. TV Card Type: analog PAL & DVB-T (not used)
    1. TV Card Driver: 2.122.26109
    MPEG2 Video Codec: PowerDVD 8 2021
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: MPA
    h.264 Video Codec: MPC-HC 1.1.604 / PowerDVD 8 2021
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: VOO (Ideatel)
    TV: Philips 32PW9551
    TV - HTPC Connection: DVI to HDMI, 720p60

Hi.

As soon as the UI size is changed for something other than the current screen resolution and/or [0,0] offset, it breaks the TV on background functionnality. Actually the video is correctly rendered but the problem is the UI stays opaque so the video underneath can't be seen.

I'm using a [4,16] offset for the UI on my CRT TV which has a slight overscan, and I can actually see the top line of the video playing above the opaque UI when I activate TV on background. Same when viewing Picture Properties, I see a part of the displayed picture above the Properties page which stays opaque (with the Auto-background plug-in this page is transparent and you can still see the picture underneath).

Additionally, but this is not really annoying, when you use a UI size less than the screen resolution it shows solid black around the UI. It would be nicer if the background of the UI would still fill the screen and only the UI elements be kept within the smaller custom canvas.

I've tried disabling all plug-ins and switching back to BlueTwo to test, but the bug still happenned in this configuration.

I presume logfiles wouln't be of any help as this seems to be an UI code problem.

Regards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom