Channel combinations doesnt work. - Including possible solution for coders. (1 Viewer)

MrMel

Portal Pro
November 16, 2007
I have one DVB-S Viasat and one DVB-S Canal Digital card, many channels are the same on both cards.

I want to use Combinations (to be able to view those channels that is duplicate on two different clients) which is the sole purpose of the Combinations function?

Problem is that it selects the wrong tuning parameters for the card it choose.
You get "Channel is scrambled" or other error message.

In other words it tries to Tune on the Viasat card with the Canal Digital's channel parameters.

--

After reviewing the Code and Database entries, I dont see how this could ever work in its current state.

In Tuning Details you have two entries, one for each channel, so far so good, lets say they have idTuning 100 and 200, both has idChannel 200 after its combined.

However, It has updated the ChannelMap, so there is two entries, both having idChannel 200, one points to Card 1 and other entry points to Card 2

The problem (correct me if I am wrong) is that the link between TuningDetails -> ChannelMap's Card is broken, so it can never figure out which TuningDetails goes to which Card.

Possible Solution:

Keep ChannelMap entry with Original ID, When you find two Tuningdetails in the Controller, dont use idChannel but channelNumber to lookup what card to use.

(Dont know if its a valid solution, havent looked through all code :D )

- Fredrik

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom