Channel editing (1 Viewer)

Portal Pro
January 11, 2005
After years of practice :) a full re install of MP is a pretty quick and painless operation....Until I get to editing almost 900 channels, Maybe I'm doing something wrong but having to scroll up and down in a tiny window right clicking to add a channel to a group is tedious beyond belief, No alphabetic sorting is available, And probably worse of all if I click on one of my groups and then go back to the 'All channels' group I get kicked back to the top of the list.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello 404

Your thread reads more like a complaint than an improvement suggestion. It would be helpful if you could clearly articulate solutions for the problems that you've described.

having to scroll up and down in a tiny window
    You can use the standard Windows mechanisms to increase the size of (or even maximise) the window.

right clicking to add a channel to a group
    You can use control and shift to select multiple channels, and do the right click only a few times.

No alphabetic sorting is available
    False. As with many other windows applications that use such grids, simply clicking on the column name sorts the list according to the column. In other words, clicking on "name" will sort the list alphabetically.

if I click on one of my groups and then go back to the 'All channels' group I get kicked back to the top of the list
    Could you please explain why this is such a problem?

mm

PS: Please keep in mind that TV Server is under code freeze. At this point I don't intend to do anything to address any of your comments. Simply trying to understand your complaints and correct any incorrect statements.

Portal Pro
    January 11, 2005
    mm sorry if this post came across as a complaint that was certainly not intended, Thanks for clearing up a few of the points...Makes my life easier next time I need to do a channel edit.

I guess control and shift depends on the channels being next to each other in the list, Still should save some time though.

As for the last point.....Having sorted several hundred channels in the 'all channels' group it makes sense for the current editing position to be stored as it's time consuming to have to scroll back though the entire list after simply checking another group, Why not jump back in at the point where you left?.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom