Channel Logo Downloader (1 Viewer)

MrTRiX

Community Plugin Dev
October 28, 2006
Home Country
Canada Canada
Well some of those channel names get a bit long. The point of the export.xml is to rename the logos to the MP Channel names. I am not sure why it isn't matching to all of them, maybe if you post your export.xml file I can take a look at it and see what you need to do. Also it kind of does tell you to use the SID page when you specify a URL. I will write up more specific documentation at some point.

EViS

Portal Pro
September 30, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Ah yes it does, I just don't read properly :). I've uploaded my export.xml, would be grateful if you could have a look for me. As mentioned before, I'm downloading the Sky UK logos and trying to apply them to a VirginMedia export.xml channel list. Not sure if this is anything to do with the problem?

MrTRiX

Community Plugin Dev
October 28, 2006
Home Country
Canada Canada
It renames based on SID and only 19 of the channels you have match SID's on "http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/skyuk_sid.html". The rest are maybe on another LyngSat site for another satellite? If you look at all the JPG's that are still named by SID then you will notice none of those have a corresponding ServiceId="" entry in your export.xml file.

I don't know enough about this satellite to say why they don't match but for example when it downloads the files for say Nimiq 1, it would name SPACE as 627.JPG cause its ServiceId is 627 (Channel 627) and then the export.xml file needs to have a matching entry with ServiceId 627 and it then renames the JPG to whatever <channel Name="" is.

Hope this helps.

EViS

Portal Pro
September 30, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Ah, I thought it renames them by 'closest channel name match'. In this case could you please offer an option to not rename the downloaded .jpg icons at all but leave them as default lyngsat names (i.e. channel names)? It's then possible to use MPLogoRenamer to quickly sort the icons out for each channel...

jburnette

Portal Pro
August 24, 2006
Kentucky
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Just wanted to let you know things are working great here. Thanks a lot for this as I never actually wanted to put the time into downloading all of the icons for my two sats and now I don't have to.

:D

MrTRiX

Community Plugin Dev
October 28, 2006
Home Country
Canada Canada
Glad to hear its working.

Hey EViS, how does MPLogoRenamer do it and perhaps I can add that functionality into the next version. As well as the option to not rename the JPG's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom