channel numbers and useing multiple tuners (1 Viewer)

dontheblitz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2015
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    two questions, first should I be getting channel numbers in my guide, I get call letters and epg but no channel numbers.Second question, I am using a ceton card that has four tuners, Ive scanned all 4 and came up with 202 channels on each, when I tune tv is there any way to tell witch tuner is being used and is there any way to select witch tuner to use and if so how?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello again

first should I be getting channel numbers in my guide
    Only if you want them.
    If using MediaPortal 1, you can simply tick the "show channel numbers" option in MediaPortal configuration:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...nfiguration/22_TV/1_TV_Client#Channel_numbers

when I tune tv is there any way to tell witch tuner is being used
    As far as I'm aware, not from within MediaPortal.
    Is there a reason why you want to know?

and is there any way to select witch tuner to use and if so how
    Not from MediaPortal, however...

You can choose which channels you map to each tuner: http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...Server_Configuration/03_TV_Channels/2_Mapping
    For example, if you map a certain channel to only one tuner then TV Server will have to use that tuner to tune the channel.

You can also disable tuners in TV Server configuration to completely prevent them from being used.

dontheblitz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2015
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    yes the reason is that tuner #2 is the only one that shows any green in the 2 bars in the scan channel option Ime guessing it may be getting the strongest single for that reason, does that sound right? by the way could you have a look at the thread I started in this forum " tv picture" Ive been waiting for a response[DOUBLEPOST=1441323769][/DOUBLEPOST]thank you .I now have channel numbers

Last edited:

Shadime

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 2, 2009
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I know with the DVBT cards I use, I can find out which tuner is being used by:

1. In the TV server where you change card priority there is a ID column.
    2. While watching TV in MP press the Info button on the remote twice and scroll down to tuning details.
    3. the RSTP URL information has a number at the end and this corresponds with the ID number from the TV server.

Cheers
    Shadime

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom