Channel scan...No signal...Antenna (1 Viewer)

turboge

November 11, 2012
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I am new to Media Portal. I have a Hauppauge WinTV HVR-2250, created two hybrid groups (hybrid 1 [Analog1 + Atsc 1]) and (hybrid 2 [Analog2 + Atsc 2]). I turned off WMC completely. I am still getting a no signal for all channels scanned...well i only let it go to channel 10. I use an antenna which works fine with WMC. Can someone help me out here?

Logs included.

Thanks in advance

x4mer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 8, 2007
    Toronto
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I see you did an analog and ATSC scan. Analog stations are gone now, except for some low power (mostly religious) stations.

Most channels vacated VHF (CH2-13) frequencies for ATSC. They mostly broadcast on higher UHF channel numbers, and then use PSIP embedded in the stream to remap to their old channel number. Let the scan proceed. MP does not support remapping the channel numbers by the PSIP, and so the channels will all be listed by the actual RF frequency they currently use to broadcast. Once the scan passes CH 51, you can stop it if you like, by hitting the upper cancel button. There are no stations allowed beyond 51 RF, under ATSC.

Last edited:

turboge

November 11, 2012
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I let the scan go all the way through on ATSC and it picked up a lot of channels. Now to setup the guide and netflix plugin. Thanks for the info. Loving this program already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom