Channel Surfing (1 Viewer)

HenriM

Portal Pro
October 17, 2004
Rijsbergen, The Netherlands
I was checking the site of Extreme Tech and came accross a really nice feature when watching TV: Channel Surfing.

See also:

http://www.extremetech.com/print_article2/0,2533,a=139107,00.asp

This feature is present in 'Home Theater' of Intervideo, but the same thing is also present in WinTV2000 from Hauppauge. The idea is that you have an overview with thumbnails of all shows that are running now on all channels. You can select the applicable thumbnail and you will then see the applicable show fullscreen. Cool addition!

bedlam

Portal Pro
April 22, 2004
yep, a real eye-catcher, the question is, how useful is it.. and by useful I don´t just mean showing off for your friends :)

HenriM

Portal Pro
October 17, 2004
Rijsbergen, The Netherlands
I understand that this feature should not be high on the wishlist, but you know what they say: a pictures tells more then 1000 words. It's a real eye-catcher.

Besides promotion for MP I really see it as an useful addition. True, you can also use the TVGuide to know what's going on, but with a dynamic thumbnail scan you also *see* which shows are running (in my particular case I am scanning for green surfaces, meaning soccer :) )

I understand your reaction though. I know friends of my who have this feature on their television set, but never use it...

Helza

Portal Pro
April 29, 2004
I would love the ability of channel surfing aswell..
I was always annoyed by the fact i could only see an overview (visually) of the programs currently running on a seperate channel and then having to enter the channel nummer myself..

If you could just click on one of the channels this way would be awesome...

Any idea's if this is going to make it in MP?

SePPiE

Portal Pro
December 6, 2004
The Netherlands
well, certainly not for all types of tv cards... DVB-S f.e. is already out of the question, cause you could only do a trick like this per transponder, and there are MANY transponders...

Lyxalig

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2005
    Norway
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I would LOVE that feature.
    Cant stand surfing the tvguide only to find commercial at my selected channel.

Then i'ts back to the guide again and look for something else.

This feature shoud be brought a great deal of attention.

:p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom