Check out Source Control (1 Viewer)

herman

Portal Member
August 30, 2006
I have two questions, any help or guidance will be appreciated.

Question 1:
--------------
When I try to check out the MediaPortal software from the sourceforge serv4er (using WinCVS) I get the following error:

cvs [checkout aborted]: connect to cvs.sourceforge.net:2401 failed: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

I got the connection details from the user manual. Is the detail in the manually correct and does it work?

The manual said the CVSRoot is: <:pserver;username=anonymous;hostname=cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/mediaportal>

Question 2:
--------------

I want to make a plugin that monitor when a recording was stopped (by the scheduler or manually) and them do some work on the recording.

Where can I find some sample code plugin to do this? I have downloaded a number of plugins but all of them are GUI Plugins.

Should my plugin be a Process plugin? How will I go about to get the events once a recording was stopped?

Kind Regards
Herman

samuel337

Portal Pro
August 25, 2004
Melbourne, Australia
And if your plugin will not have a user interface accessible via a 10-foot interface, then you should use a process plugin. Easiest way to develop one would be to edit an existing one.

As for knowing when a recording finishes - I suggest you add a handler to the GUIMessage event like this:
Code:
GUIWindowManager.Receivers += new SendMessageHandler(ProcessPlugin.OnMessage);

Do replace ProcessPlugin.OnMessage with the appropriate function to execute.

Look in the GUIMessage.cs file in the Core\guilib folder in VS2005 to work out which messages you want to catch.

Sam

herman

Portal Member
August 30, 2006
I can download MediaPortal project files, but is such an effort.

Everytime, after downloading a number of files I get the following error:

"REPORT request failed on '/snvroot/mediaportal/!svn/vss/default'
REPORT of '/svnroot/mediaportal/!svn/vcc/default': Could not read response body: Secure connection truncated (https://svn.sourceforge.net)"

When I download again it continues where it left off the previous time. But after a while the same error appears. I am sure I had to start the download process more than a 100 times.

Is this normal? I am using TortoiseSVN 1.4.0 build 7501.

Any feedback will be appreciated.

kev160967

Portal Member
November 8, 2006
Home Country
England England
I'm consistently getting the same error, ie:

Updated: C:\Work\MediaPortal\xbmc\bin\Release\skin\BlueTwo wide\mymusicplaylist.xml
Added: C:\Work\MediaPortal\xbmc\bin\Release\skin\BlueTwo wide\Sounds\click.wav
Error: REPORT request failed on '/svnroot/mediaportal/!svn/vcc/default'
Error: REPORT of '/svnroot/mediaportal/!svn/vcc/default': Could not read response body: Secure connection truncated (https://svn.sourceforge.net)

It's always on the same file, and won't proceed beyond there. Any ideas?

Kev

kev160967

Portal Member
November 8, 2006
Home Country
England England
And as soon as I posted the message it worked - go figure.

I'd tried about 20 odd times yesterday, and 4 or 5 times this morning with exactly the same error. Post one message here, and suddenly it works

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom