Choose soundcard for music output (1 Viewer)

Smirnuff

Portal Pro
December 7, 2004
United Kingdom
>> Have you had any brainstorming at this one yet?

Yeah I've got me some ideas.

>> If I understand correctly that rules out anyone who doesnt have a Upnp device, or a spare pc to run in the attic.

No, the opposite. I'm trying to work this out so that it doesn't rule anybody out. Obviously, I will not be writing code for every possible scenario but I don't want to go about it in such a way that it limits the possibilities.

I've got most of the details worked out and am at a stage where I could start coding. It's now just a matter of time - I'm way behind on finishing the new virtual keyboard, got too involved in trying to get the M$ IR blaster working and then there's my day job too. That said, the weekend is nearly upon us and that's when MP is used mostly as a music player in my house so I may find time to make a start.

A

Anonymous

Hi!

Did you already come across the Exstreamer (www.exstreamer.com)? Those are little boxes which can receive audio streams (mp3 and in future also PCM) over TCP or UDP and output it as analog signal. There is also a virtual sound card driver for it which emulates up to 3 sound cards under windows und sends the audio streams to the boxes. The box can also receive IR signals and send the Codes over the network!!

In my opinion a very good choice for multiroom audio!

Did somebody already get further on the multi sound card function for MP?

CU
Carsten

S

Sidmeyer

Hi ! i hope somebody will here me now ! i postet that a time ago but nobody wrote back.....wouldn´t it be nice when you have a option to control the bass or trebble directly fom the music plugin or even better a little Equalizer ....i think most people
who have a Sounblaster Box-Set have this problem too...everytime you have to go to desktop to change the musik settings.... i think about of a small point maybe in mymusik to change these settings with your remote only...... to the programers.....PLEASE Do it

A

Anonymous

Hi,

I´m new to this so forgive me for (maybe) asking an obvious question.
I searched the board to find out what to do with this patch file you uploaded, but couldn´t find much about it other that it is actually for the developers to use for improvements.

How can i use your patch or update to be able to select a different soundcard?

Thank you and
Regards,
Andre

dennus

Portal Member
November 13, 2006
I know it is an old thread. I just ran into MediaPortal. And I have two soundcards, one for when I'm working at my PC, and the other for my PA while watching DVD's. Anyway, I want MediaPortal to select right soundcard. Where can I tell it to do so?

Dennis

shewless

Portal Pro
October 2, 2006
Home Country
Canada Canada
Hey guys,
I'm surprised this patch didn't make it into the feature release of MP - is there any reason for this?

I think it would be really handy to change which soundcard "my music" uses, just as you can do for "my movies"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom