CHROMEBOOK + VPN (1 Viewer)

BenRichards

August 17, 2020
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Country flag
I have KODI running on two setups:

Xiaomi Redmi 8T — Android 9 running KODI 18.7

HP Chromebook 11-v001na OS Version 84.0.4147.127 (Official Build) (64-bit) KODI 18.7

I am currently abroad and connect to my Home PC (Windows 10 Pro) - the mediaportal server - using OpenVPN client.

I also have NO problems using my Home PC as a VPN server (Softether) for both chromebook and phone.

I have mediaportal V1

I have NO problem streaming TV using KODI on my Xiaomi phone.

When I try to stream using the Chromebook:

It downloads all the program data from mediaportal.

When I select a channel I hear a swoosh and the arrow on the channel to indicate that it will play.

But nothing happens and after a few minutes the arrow disappears.

I have exactly the same setup on both the Xiaomi and chromebook.

I’m assuming it’s something specific to the chromebook.

Any ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

MP1 MP2 tuning problem DE
Hi I have been using tvserver for years and have had this problem for a long time. I use version 1.26 I use a skystar 2 and I use both mediaportal with tvserver and progdvb and the problem is that there are several channels mediaportal that does not tune me even doing a manual search with the data that the channel's progdvb gives me...
Hi I have been using tvserver for years and have had this problem for a long time. I use version 1.26 I use a skystar 2 and I use...
Hi I have been using tvserver for years and have had this problem for a long time. I use version 1.26 I use a skystar 2 and I use...
Replies
Views
I find the interface and operation of Media Portal especially 1 worlds better than Kodi. It's much easier to set up everything. Interestingly, a buddy and I once installed 2 PCs and connected them to 2 TVs and showed them to several buddies who didn't know either. They knew Kodi from the media. But they all voted unanimously for...
I find the interface and operation of Media Portal especially 1 worlds better than Kodi. It's much easier to set up everything...
Hi everybody, after 15+ years of using MediaPortal, I gave Kodi with an VDR backend a try as I wanted to switch from Windows...
Replies
Views
Thanks. I'll be working through your response and experimenting some more. Will let you know what I find.
Thanks. I'll be working through your response and experimenting some more. Will let you know what I find.
MP looks like an attractive replacement for WMC, but unlike Kodi (which I just tried), I'm having a hard time getting my 3-tuner...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon. I realized I never got back to posting the solution I found. Basically, I think I broke this on my own. I had made some registry changes to attempt to increase the video quality, which ended up not being supported by Kodi. Attached is a screenshot of what my final (working) settings are, just in case anyone else...
Good afternoon. I realized I never got back to posting the solution I found. Basically, I think I broke this on my own. I had...
Good morning. Back a few months ago, I replaced my original HTPC with updated hardware. I have a few Hauppauge ATSC tuners I'm...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Support waipu TV DE
No one an idea how to get running waipu.tv?
No one an idea how to get running waipu.tv?
Hi all, is there any chance to get waipu.tv | Fernsehen wie noch nie - Live TV Streaming up and running mediaportal 1 eg via ip...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom