[other] CI Menu Support for Terratec Cinergy C (1 Viewer)

jimbeam128

Portal Pro
December 16, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Started on: 2010-08-26
last update: 2010-08-26

Summary: Implement CI Menu Support for Terratec Cinergy C

Area: Hardware Support ?

Description: Hello, we just discussed this topic in the german forum. A lot of users ask for CI-Menu support for the Terratec Cinergy C TV-Card. I think the background is that there is no other ("cheap") TV-Card available with CI-Interface.

I also use a Terratec Cinergy C card. When we want to watch TV-Broadcastings for 18+ then we have to enter the security-PIN. But because of no CI-Menu support it´s not possible. Disabeling the PIN-request is also not possible - Already tested with other software and Hardware-receivers.

I also tried to look for a FloppyDTV C card, but meanwhile it´s not possible anymore to get one - used or unused. I think the FloppyDTV C seems to be a good card, because it´s rated in the forum very well. But unfortunately not possible to get it...

Especially in Germany it seems to be difficult to get a TV-Card with CI-Menu support for MediaPortal. The Terratec Cinergy C Card seems not to be End of Life and there are a lot of stores who sell them. So I think because of availability it would be very nice to have CI-Menu Support for that card... Kind regards

jimbeam128

Portal Pro
December 16, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Wow, that´s really interesting! The manufacturer restarts the production!

But what about the CI Menu Support for Terratec Cinergy C. - Would it be a big deal to implement it? - Maybe the programming is similar to the Cinergy S2... Because you can use the same CI-Interface for both cards. Maybe it can be "easily" implemented...!? Would be great.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: CI Menu Support for Terratec Cinergy C

if you can get a (documented) SDK from Terratec, it would be possible to do the integration of CI menu features. but it seems like no one ever gets an answer regarding this topic.

please post a complete set of tvserver logfiles!

jimbeam128

Portal Pro
    December 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    What I can see in the "supported tv-cards and CI´s" section the Terratec Cinergy S2 (satellite card) seems to be supported for ci-menu. So I think there must be already some kind of implementation for terratec card(s).

Or maybe this is a wrong declaration in the supported tv-cards section. I don´t know. Could you check in the media portal source, whether there is something implemented for the cingery s2 card? If not, we are sure that there is nothing implemented for terratec cards

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: CI Menu Support for Terratec Cinergy C

as I mentioned: post your logfiles and I can tell you more

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    yeah, some more suppord for the Cinergy C HD CI would be very nice =)
    I'm using this card, too and it's a really really great card.

Which log files do you need? the Tv.log or the error.log from the Tv-Server? or maybe both^^

And what do you mean exactly with the SDK? I think you mean a Documentation of the way how you can communicate with the CI Module, but I'm not sure =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom