Clan Messages Reader plugin...generic layout for every skin? (1 Viewer)

BigCheese

Portal Pro
January 13, 2006
Germany
HI everyone,
i want to make a plugin for mediaportal...
It will be a plugin MyClanMessages where you can go in and read the internal messages from the mysql database which is hosted somewhere in the internet (same database like the website is reading the messages)...

and of course writing there the messages...
so first silly question:
is there a way of coding generic layout for the plugin, so that it will work automaticly with every skin? or do I have to make it to work with every skin by myselve handmade?

thanks,
BigCheese

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    Re: Clan Messages Reader plugin...generic layout for every s

BigCheese said:
    HI everyone,
    so first silly question:
    is there a way of coding generic layout for the plugin, so that it will work automaticly with every skin? or do I have to make it to work with every skin by myselve handmade?

thanks,
    BigCheese

Hey there,

I don't think that is currently possible, however you can just copy the xml file into every skin folder to get the same layout (and instruct users to do the same with any 3rd party skins they might use).

As for your plugin itself, could you describe again what it does, I didnt really understand?

Inker

BigCheese

Portal Pro
    January 13, 2006
    Germany
    sorry, perhaps my english is not so good ;)

ok: we have a clan homepage, where you can send messages to another clan member which he will get notified when entering the homepage... there he can read it and answer to it...
    but its only reachable over the homepage...
    now, i want to write a plugin which can check the messages as well, and where someone of the clan can write a message with...
    the technic behind: a mysql database on our root server...
    so should be easy ;)
    but i never programmed in c# before, so some kind of challenge ;)

but the plugin will be without any use for a not clan member of our clan of course... :( or perhaps it can be modified to be an interface to private messages of every phpbb driven forum? hm.... should be the same in generall - mysql database and login ... yeah, would be the clue...

so if it works i can modifie it so everyone can read and check the private messages of e.g. this forum :) would be nice i think :)

BigCheese

Portal Pro
    January 13, 2006
    Germany
    ok, update:
    now, when i press on Inbox, it querys the mysql database and displays in a list the headline of each message....

:)
    think its time for a setup with login data and db server...
    and get to figure out how screen transition can be made and to read the message text ;)

BigCheese

Portal Pro
    January 13, 2006
    Germany
    ok, new update (lol, i think no one is interested in my progress, but... hm... perhaps another noob (like i am) wants to ask something about a programming step...)

now, it works, that the messages are listed and i can read them
    (btw.: ListDir should have more string fields to fill up and not show them (like Label2 and Label3) by default!

screenshots:
    http://doahp.ath.cx/~bigcheese/mediaportal/

bye,
    BigCheese

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom