[Approved] Clean up some SetupTV UI elements (1 Viewer)

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    This is just a UI tidy up in SetupTV.

Re-arrange controls on Manual control page

• TS Packet stats - label is overlapping text box. - Moved controls to the right to prevent over lapping
    • TS Filename label has been completely obscured by packet stats label. - Moved below TS packet stats controls
    • TS Filename label has no place holder text so was invisible to developers. - Added placeholder text
    • Channel info multiline label has no place holder test so was invisible to developers. -Added placeholder text
    • Timeshift info GroupBox is anchored to bottom, it shouldn't be because vertically it's size should be static. Only the top,left and right should stretch when the SetupTv form is re-sized. -Removed anchor to bottom.
    • "Tuner locked". the "yes" and "no" words are all lowercase changed to "Yes" and "No"

SetupTV Main Form
    • SetupTV main form has no minimum size so can be re-sized so small that the controls get all messed up and overlap each other. Doesn't look professional. -Set minimum size to current default size of : 724, 571. This is done in the InitializeComponent() method. Now calling it in the constructor since it hasn't been called since rev 18493

TV Cards Page
    • Changed wording for number of IPTV Cards enabled

Please see attached before and after screen shots
    ManualControlAfter.png

ManualControlBefore.png

TVCardsAfter.png

TVCardsBefore.png

Attachments

• SetupTVGUIPolish.patch
      103.1 KB

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi,

I can't comment on the code quality, but this looks good and I would say should be included.

Best wishes,

Mark

miroslav22

Development Group Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 4, 2009
    Warwick
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    :D

I've not looked at the code, but as long as there are no functionality changes then there's no reason it can't be committed.

Edit:

If the minimum window size has been changed then we might need to be careful actually as it could have a negative affect on other windows.

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Currently there is no minimum. I have set the minimum to what window opens as. Shouldn't cause an issue any more than if the user opened the app and used it without resizing at all.

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I can post a complied SetupTv.exe for testing if it would help?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi folks

I've tested the patch and it looks perfect to me. I'd be happy to commit at any time.

mcraenz: a small tip for you (*please*, don't take this the wrong way because I *definitely* appreciate the patch - just a suggestion to help future patches get committed faster). A large amount of the code in the patch file was created because you had used a four space tab size instead of the two space tab size that MediaPortal coding standards asks us to use. When I changed the spacing to two spaces, the size of the patch dropped from 100 kB to 9 kB. Smaller patches are easier to check and may get committed faster. ;)

Thank you for the patch! :D

mm

PS: updated patch attached

Attachments

• SetupTVGUIPolish.patch
      8.8 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again everyone

The patch is committed in SVN 28077. Cheers mcraenz. :)

mm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom