[Finished] ClearArt (1 Viewer)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,

The integrated Fanart management is a great feature of MP2, which avoids the multiple loading of fanart by individual plugins as it happens today under MP1. However, at this time there is no possibility to display ClearArt in MP2.

I would suggest to extend the Fanart plugin in such way that it also loads available ClearArt for artists, series and movies.

Regards,
    HTPCSourcer

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    I'm pretty sure this will be kept in mind when the changes possible due to the MIA rework are implemented.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'm pretty sure this will be kept in mind when the changes possible due to the MIA rework are implemented.
    I don't think that this captures my point: There already is a download process for artwork in place. It simply needs to be extended to include ClearArt from the usual sources within the same download step to make the files available.

The actual display of ClearArt is a different subject. I am aware of the MIA work and the underlying MP2 architecture.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    You are not the first who requests this. I can remember I've requested ClearArt support more than a year ago. I already have all clearart laying inside my movies and series folder. Next to .nfo, cover, backdrops banners and so on. As soon as it is possible to show them, I'm ready to go. But for now this is not possible so I have to wait until it's possible.

There are some general limitations with the recent media library that prevents us from adding all those nice "whistles and bells" we want to have. Sometimes the development of MP2 is stuck due to delays in some basic areas. As example, the TV client has got no further development for nearly two years while we are waiting for TVE 3.5 to become usable. That's why we finally decided to swap over to the old technology, the MP1 TV server instead waiting another two years or even more. In the few month since we did so, the development of MP2 has done lot more steps ahead as in the years before. The MIA rework is something even more important than the TV engine as it influences nearly every part of MP2 About 80% of all missing features in total and 100% of all that is missing in the media library area are depending on this rework to be done first....

to make the files available.
    This is the issue, not the downloading. ATM we can not make those files available in the client. We're downloading lots of stuff already like series metadata that we also can not make available. Adding more stuff we can not use only increases the download and import time and the disk space usage.
    This will change with the MIA rework like every other issue with the recent media library (I pray). Then we can make such things available and then it makes sense to download them. But not at the recent state of development. Especially as we all need to rebuild our Media Library and download all fanart again, once the rework is done. The post- MIA rework database can not be compatible to the recent one and I don't think there will be a migration tool (also this can be useful).

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Regarding clearart support:

1) There is already a constant defined for it: https://github.com/MediaPortal/Medi...nArtService.Interfaces/FanArtConstants.cs#L54

This means from Skin side you can place a matching imagesource for it and the server will try to send you a matching image.

2) Finding the matching image is task of a server side provider. There is a example for the local fanart provider: https://github.com/MediaPortal/Medi...ervice.Local/LocalFanartProvider.cs#L102-L113.

3) The last step would be the importer, which automatically downloads clearart from online sources.

If you already have clearart in your local folders, the steps 1 & 2 are very simple to be extended. Only problem might be to create matching file name patterns based on the information of the given MediaItem. What should be looked for?

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    3) The last step would be the importer, which automatically downloads clearart from online sources.
    This is what I was pointing at. I don't know how the current fanart importer is working. It should either be extended to also pull ClearArt or a separate importer would be needed. I would think that the first option is less work to realize.

If you already have clearart in your local folders, the steps 1 & 2 are very simple to be extended.
    As I said before, the MP1 fanart/cleart landscape is chaotic at best. I would not recommend to try to adress an existing environment. Instead we better create a clean status from scratch and discard any data that may exist in a user's MP1 legacy.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    What kind of online sources for clearart do exist?
    For what type: series, movies, actors, artists etc?

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    What kind of online sources for clearart do exist?
    https://fanart.tv/

Actually FanartTV seems much more complete than any other source.

For what type: series, movies, actors, artists etc?

fanart.JPG

• Movies
      • Clear Logo (HD)
      • Poster
      • ClearArt
      • CDArt
      • Background
      • Banner
      • Movie Thumbs
    • TV (Series)
      • Clear Logo (HD)
      • Poster
      • Season Poster
      • Clear Art
      • Character Art (Genre)
      • TV thumbs
      • Season thumbs
      • Background
      • Banner
      • Season Banner
    • Music
      • Clear Logo (HD)
      • Background
      • Cd Art
      • Album Cover
      • Artist Thumb
      • Banner
      • Record Label

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Last edited:

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Please keep in mind that all fanart handling most likely must be redone once the MIA rework is finshed. AFAIK all Fanart (and this includes ClearArt) should go into the database and only be delivered from there instead of spreading it all over the file systems like it is now...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom