Clickfinder/tvguide glitches & question (1 Viewer)

daHive

Portal Pro
March 1, 2007
Home Country
Austria Austria
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.2.0
MediaPortal Skin: blue2 wide
Windows Version: xpMCE
CPU Type: intel core2duo
HDD: 250gb
Memory: 2048mb
Motherboard:
Motherboard Chipset:
Motherboard Bios:
Video Card: nvidia geforce 7600gt
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card:
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: avermedia
1. TV Card Type: hybrid dvb-t/analog
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card: hauppauge hvr-4000
2. TV Card Type: hybrid dvb-s/dvb-t/analog
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case: Sony Vaio VGX201
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote: Sony mce10ep
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

hi,

since changing to tvserver03 i get a glitch in the tvguide, for which i use the clickfinder direct import plugin.
in the tvguide some channels have small "mini-bars" between the regular bars with the shows. it´s like an ultra-short show, but it has the clickfinder data of either the preceding or the following show, in some cases the regular bars of a show don´t have any additional data besides the title then. (foto attached)
the other glitch is that sometimes parts of the top two channel names and part of the title in the detailed info section at the bottom appear for a second and then disappear.
finally i´d like to ask if it´s possible to use both clickfinder and dvbepg simultaneously(for those channels that aren´t in clickfinder)?

aside from those issues i´m really amazed by mediaportal, it´s an incredible program(it even made my whole family a fan of htpc).

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Whenever I see this I have wrong data in the "original" tv movie access database - if you know how please make sure you do not.

daHive

Portal Pro
    March 1, 2007
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    thanks for the hint, but i´m not exactly sure:
    should i just "update tv-data" in clickfinder or delete something(if so, what?). and if i want to reimport the data with clickfinder direct import should i delete anything in the mediaportal/tvserver folders and do i have to remap the channels?

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The import plugin itself takes care of removing (purging) old DB entries.

daHive

Portal Pro
    March 1, 2007
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    well, i just deleted and redownloaded the tv data in the clickfinder settings and imported it all again. most of the stations are okay now, but some still remain corrupted. completely deleting the tvdaten.mdb in the clickfinder folder doesn´t work either since it can´t open clickfinder at all after that.

since you have had this happen to you, what exactly do you do in such a case?

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I had it only for one station yet. By watching the DB you can clearly see that the endtime of just _one_ entry only needs to be wrong and all following short programs until that endtime is reached will be false.

I'll see if this should be fixed in TVGuide or during import (A way would be a sanity check - do not use the endtime if the next show starts before it).

daHive

Portal Pro
    March 1, 2007
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    got it all working again now...i forgot to map a couple of channels in the plugin, so it was still showing the old(corrupt) data.

THX again for your help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom