[Usability] Client PS++ suggestion: sleep after period even with paused stream (1 Viewer)

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi,

Not sure where to put this; so here it is!

I'm running the HDMI-CEC plugin which allows me to control mediaportal using my TV remote, through the TV. The configuration is set so that if the TV is turned off, mediaportal pauses any playing stream until the tv is turned on where by it resumes playing. Power off only occurs if no stream is playing... Is it possible to configure the client version of PS++ to automatically sleep after the defined period, even if the stream is paused? This would allow us to turn the TV off, keep the stream paused but then say after two hours to put the entire system to sleep?

Cheers,

Chris

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    +1 for this.
    I have brought exactly the same idea to the PS++ forum thread some time ago.

A workaround that I use:
    If you use MePo in a multiseat configuration you can disable the PS client plugin and set the windows standy time to your desired pause/standby time.
    In the CeCRemote plugin activate the feature "deactive windows screensaver if button is pressed"
    Everything should work now.
    Playing media/TV should keep the htpc alive, when media is paused, the windows idle time counts down and windows sends the htpc to sleep when the idle time is over.

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Megahorst, yeah I am on server/client setup so will try this later! Thanks for the pointers!

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Shame there is no desire for this, would make my life easier!

@megahorst do you find if you have the client turn off after the set time using the system idle function that it cannot find the TVServer on resume?

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Shame there is no desire for this, would make my life easier!

@megahorst do you find if you have the client turn off after the set time using the system idle function that it cannot find the TVServer on resume?
    No problem here.
    My server is always online. Does your client have to wake it up ? Perhaps this makes the different between our cases.

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    The server is always online as its my Domain Controller and is also on a Xenserver host with my exchange server... The client however is not, this is in the lounge and is only on when the TV is on...

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The server is always online as its my Domain Controller and is also on a Xenserver host with my exchange server... The client however is not, this is in the lounge and is only on when the TV is on...
    Then I don't know. It works fine on my site without the client plugin.
    Perhaps you should open a support thread and insert your logs.

@regeszter is working on the ps++ at the moment perhaps he has an idea

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    So I take it then that your client is on with the TV as mine is then and you have no trouble with it resuming correctly after a system idle sleep?

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    So I take it then that your client is on with the TV as mine is then and you have no trouble with it resuming correctly after a system idle sleep?
    Exactly :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom