Client software *sigh I know* (1 Viewer)

nettronic

Portal Member
October 25, 2008
I am not asking so much about creating a Mediaportal lite in which to install on client PCs (after all it can all be handled with shared folders and Tvclinet for recordings..

I am thinking of something else.

I notice that people ask about front ends for mediaportal.. the app itself is pretty slim so I can see a lite version not being neccessary.

However, I noticed on install it did not give an option to chose WHERE the sqlDB was located. This seems like a pretty simple tweak that could basically enable "client" like behavior. This would basically be a "front end" option. Too take it a step further...

I do not know the intricacies of SQL to know anything about caching of the information, if it is possible to do this, or just create a "synch" program to copy the DB, then one could in essence have the DB hosted on the web. And then go so far with a small amount of webcoding experience, create a web front end so that they can access their media remotely. (with a fast enough BB service of course)

I am not overly concerned with this as I have no laptop, but I think this is a rather simple feature to add that many people might like.

If all this has been covered already, :sorry:. Still a newb here and learning the software :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom