Client specs? (1 Viewer)

zion22

Portal Pro
April 6, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hi and thanks for the great job you guys are doing on the new TV Engine. I love it already! ;)

Anyways, with having the server doing all the "heavy" job (Capturing data, etc) what would the minimum specs be for a client be now? I mean it gotta be less demanding on the actually system now... right?

If you only use VLC to recieve and display the stream it shouldn't require much of a computer at all right? :O Anyone had the time to try this, or tried something similar earlier?

(Thinking of PCs + LCD screens all over the house ^_^ )

tkortell

Portal Pro
April 13, 2005
Vaasa / Sulva
Home Country
Finland Finland
I don't think the specs have changed at all because the client plugin is a plugin to your normal MediaPortal installation and it is still (correct me if I'm wrong) the client doing all the decoding if needed.

Maybe it is posible to make a "lite" version of a client.?..

Regards / Tomas

onkl

Portal Pro
February 18, 2005
Wageningen
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
As far as I understood the requirements for the client are equal to the normal MP requirement, with the possible exeption that the famous "2.8 + GHz for SW encoding cards" will now rest upon the server. With any card but SW encoding analog cards, capture isn't that "heavy" anymore. I understood the main muscle is needed by the DirectX/presentation/output/whell, give it a name side of MP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom