Clipta Video Search 1.1.8. Over 300 Million Videos. (1 Viewer)

pete0

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 6, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Plugin problem with German Windows XP installation

Hello,

I installed this marvellous plugin but unfortunately it's not working. If I try to configure the plugin an exeption occurs. The details of the exeption show, that the file VideoSearchCfg.xml is missing or can't be written. The details also show that the file is expected under the "wrong" path "...Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\VideoSearchCfg.xml".

The problem is that with a german Windows XP installation the path should be "...Anwendungsdaten\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\VideoSearchCfg.xml"

In SettingsDLG.cs the path is hard coded.

static DirectoryInfo di = new DirectoryInfo(System.Environment.GetEnvironmentVariable("ALLUSERSPROFILE"));
    public static string sConfigFile = di.FullName + "\\Application Data\\Team MediaPortal\\MediaPortal\\VideoSearchCfg.xml";

Would it be possible to change the code to consider the installation language of Windows?

many :D

Velutis

Portal Member
    August 26, 2009
    Home Country
    Hi!

Unluckily I'am only getting a white screen if I try to play a video.

How can this behaviour be debuged (perhaps codec problem)?

Regards,
    MyPVR

Hi, What .NET Framework version do you have? If it is not 3.5 SP1 please try to install it.

Hi, Rutube and international windows bugs are fixed, you can download new version here: http://cliptatmp.googlecode.com/files/VideoSearch_1_1_9.MPE1
    soon it will be posted in tmp site too.

MyPVR

Portal Pro
    September 22, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Velutis,

.NET Framework 3.5 SP1 incl. language package is installed on my system (German WinXP SP3).

Beside I made the following observation:

MP stores usualy its data in
    C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\All Users\Anwendungsdaten\Team Mediaportal

but you can find now a new directory
    C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\thumbs\VideoSearch

Localization issue?

Regards,
    MyPVR

DreadFury

Portal Pro
    June 28, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Awesome plugin!

however...

I can't get the remote to do anything after starting a video, it doesnt control play/pause/stop/ffwd/rwd or anything else.
    On top of that, I can't go back after the video is done, it just sits there and wont let me return.

any suggestions?

Velutis

Portal Member
    August 26, 2009
    Home Country
    Hi MyPVR, im trying to reproduce and fix this issue. As soon it is fixed i will let you know. Thanks for patience :)

Hi Velutis,

.NET Framework 3.5 SP1 incl. language package is installed on my system (German WinXP SP3).

Beside I made the following observation:

MP stores usualy its data in
    C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\All Users\Anwendungsdaten\Team Mediaportal

but you can find now a new directory
    C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\thumbs\VideoSearch

Localization issue?

Regards,
    MyPVR

Hi, video control will be done when i will have remote :) exit from playing video can by by ESC on keyboard, mayby it could be done by equivalent in remote too, I cant test it now sorry.

Awesome plugin!

however...

I can't get the remote to do anything after starting a video, it doesnt control play/pause/stop/ffwd/rwd or anything else.
    On top of that, I can't go back after the video is done, it just sits there and wont let me return.

any suggestions?

DreadFury

Portal Pro
    June 28, 2009
    Home Country
    yes, I found the escape method, however this is the killing factor for this plugin.
    My HTPC runs off a remote, having to go plug in a keyboard to exit the plugin makes it unbearable in my situation.

This plugin is AWESOME tho and I am glad you're working on it.
    Once remote functionality is working, I will for sure be using this plugin constantly!

MyPVR

Portal Pro
    September 22, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    2009-12-17 11:29:19.156250 [Info.][MPMain]: xml:C:\Programme\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Skin\Blue3wide\VideoSearch.xml image id:1 width:0 height:0 gfx:#header.image
    2009-12-17 11:29:19.281250 [Info.][MPMain]: GUIWindow:OnWindowLoaded id:55 ex: Das Objekt mit dem Typ "MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUILabelControl" kann nicht in den Typ "MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIImage" konvertiert werden. bei System.RuntimeType.CheckValue(Object value, Binder binder, CultureInfo culture, BindingFlags invokeAttr)
    bei System.Reflection.RtFieldInfo.InternalSetValue(Object obj, Object value, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, CultureInfo culture, Boolean doVisibilityCheck, Boolean doCheckConsistency)
    bei System.Reflection.RtFieldInfo.InternalSetValue(Object obj, Object value, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, CultureInfo culture, Boolean doVisibilityCheck)
    bei System.Reflection.RtFieldInfo.SetValue(Object obj, Object value, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, CultureInfo culture)
    bei MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.OnWindowLoaded() VideoSearch.GUIVideoSearch

DreadFury

Portal Pro
    June 28, 2009
    Home Country
    I would like to suggest a few things.

1.) Allow a checklist to choose which sites are searched and in what order.
    2.) There is a large gap on the left-hand side while 3 results per row show on the right, maybe make it 4 results per row? (the screenshot on this thread shows 4 rows, but I only get 3 with a large empty column on the left)
    3.) allow some kind of control using the remote, or better yet, using the MP controls.
    4.) allow an option to set prefered quality settings if available (for instance HQ or HD on youtube)

Thanks for the great plugin, I wait eagerly for updates. ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom