Closed Captions ? (1 Viewer)

Brett Harvey

June 6, 2015
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hi All
I have downloaded and installed MP as an alternative to WMC, have a twin tuner setup and receive all FTA TV channels so far so good.
But when viewing TV if I mute the sound there are no closed captions, as this is quite important to me is there a way to get closed captions working in MP.

TIA

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello and welcome Brett :)

But when viewing TV if I mute the sound there are no closed captions, as this is quite important to me is there a way to get closed captions working in MP.
    MP does not connect mute/unmute with enabling/disabling closed captions or subtitles.
    In other words, if you want to enable or disable closed captions or subtitles then you need to do it separately.

Configuration for TV subtitles is in MP configuration:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...nfiguration/22_TV/TV_Client#Subtitle_Settings

I think Australia uses teletext and DVB subtitles (closed captions is a US/Canada concept for TV at least), so you'd enable those options.

Then use the context menu to select/view them:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...ortal/3_TV/1_Watch_Live_TV#Fullscreen_TV_Menu

Does that help?

mm

Brett Harvey

June 6, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Well that worked, only thing is they are either on or off via right click, they don't automatically come on when you mute the sound.

Opps you already told me that - my bad

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    only thing is they are either on or off via right click, they don't automatically come on when you mute the sound.
    Correct.
    So, a possible solution for that would be to try to map the mute button to do both things. I'm not particularly knowledgeable in that domain, but hopefully somebody else will be able to make a suggestion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom