Codecs Codec assistance needed...Zotac ZBox ID41 (1 Viewer)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Run mediaportal in windowed mode (alt-enter) start video file playing, then go to start menu\SAF6\Tools and find graphstudio, run and use the connect to remote graph option, that will give you the filters that are in use.

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Bolton, Lancashire, England
    Home Country
    England England
    Thanks Ray!

I can confirm that I am using PDVD11 codec to run the HD video.

Is there any more that can be done? Do I need to disable any services that are just not required?

Thanks for the advice to date.

M.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi

Do you have any other source of HD video to compare with ie BluRay, just wondering if TV signal from sat a bit flakey, if you use shift+1 on SD channels do they totally flatline, also try different audio codecs playing the same bit of recording.

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi Guys,

I'm "working" from home again today so I got chance to play with the Zotac client earlier.

Now, I haven't changed a thing at all and I'm now getting approx 1.6% dropped frames on the HD video I have been testing. This level of dropped frames is a huge change from the other day, and this 1.6% is constant on local files, live HDTV streamed from the TV Server, or recorded HD TV streamed from the TV server.

When I press "Shift & 1" the three coloured lines are now almost flat, however every 3 seconds there is a large blip which causes about 3-4 dropped frames. This blip is very, very regular, and if it wasn't for this blip then there would be very few dropped frames at all.

I must admit that I'm baffled as to why it should suddenly work without problem. I can understand this 'bedding in' with mechanical devices, but not software :confused:

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    I got delivered today a 64Gb Silicon Power SSD. I did a complete reinstall and this thing flies on the StreamedMP GUI. This really has made a difference and the WAF has gone through the ceiling!

Playback of HD video is still 'cured' although I'm still get 3 dropped frames every 3 seconds, as regular as clockwork. Not really important, but I'd like to solve that.

A BIG thank you to all who offered solutions!

I now know what to get, and what to do for my second client ! :D

M.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom