codec guide (2 Viewers)

frankwaan

Portal Pro
August 8, 2008
Hengelo (O)
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
What I meant, is that the PowerDVD codec does an excellent job, showing 480P MPEG2 content on my resolution, without changing the resolution. It gets rid of artifacts/alliassing and such, while FFDshow does the denoising / sharpening.

Dai

Portal Member
November 25, 2008
Home Country
1.0.2 setup help needed - no audio

Thanks for creating this great resource.
I have just installed MP and upgraded to version 1.0.2. I followed your codec guide as closely as possible but there apear to be a few changes to MP since the guide was written.
Now that the process is finished i am able to view my videos, but there is no audio, even videos that had working audio before i went through the guide now are silent.
I have tried changing all of the options within MP configuration to no avail.
I am still able to play music with MP, although the sounds that ordinarily accompany pushing buttons on the remote also seem to be silenced.
Also, i was unsure of the installation of the FLV splitter. The linked file contained a file called flvssplitter.ax but made no mention of where it should be placed.
Any advice on how to trouble shoot this issue would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

modtang

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 4, 2006
    Wollongong, NSW
    Home Country
    I followed Goose's guide on a fresh install of Windows 7/MediaPortal (latest SVN). I am able to play videos in WMP but when I try to play them in MP I get sound but no video (just a black screen). Everything was working when I had a codec pack installed on a previous install of Win7 but now that I've tried to follow a guide (and save myself from installing codecs I don't need) it's just not working. Attached are logs, screenshot of MP config and a html list of all my installed codecs.

Attachments

• codecs_and_renderer.jpg
      codecs_and_renderer.jpg
      55.5 KB
    • installed_codecs.zip
      30.6 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom