Codecs Codec issues with HDTV (1 Viewer)

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi Tony, thanks for that.

How do I enable or disable 'bitstreaming' with the MS codecs? Is it a MePo setting. I'm not entirely sure what bitstreaming is.. I presume sending unaltered raw audio out to the receiver?

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    TheBatfink

Which video card drivers did you settle on, for me new 29x.xx beta's both give poor video playback, with audio video going out of sync and the latest one 295.51 giving me TDR's (driver stopped responding) as soon as windows boots :mad:

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    Yes the 290 betas! To be honest I use my motherboards spdif for audio but I will try the tesla drivers again now I have a stable base to trouble shoot on from.. I'd never considered the drivers could cause sync issues, just associated that with codecs. I'll let you know :)

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Hi Tony, thanks for that.

How do I enable or disable 'bitstreaming' with the MS codecs? Is it a MePo setting. I'm not entirely sure what bitstreaming is.. I presume sending unaltered raw audio out to the receiver?

'Bitstreaming' audio usually means sending a compressed (AC3/DTS etc) audio stream directly to an AV receiver i.e. not decoding it to PCM in the PC first and then sending that to the receiver.

SPDIF can only handle two channels of PCM, so handling multichannel PCM means using either HDMI audio or having a multichannel analogue connection between PC and AV receiver.

Tony

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    Well I've been watching some TV after reverting to the 270.46 Tesla drivers and the sync problems seems to have gone away! I tried HDMI to my receiver but got all sorts of other issues so went back to spdif with all LAV audio filters with bitstreamed DD and DTS. Feels nice to finally just use MePo instead of forever tweaking for a bit lol.

Thanks for all the help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom