Codecs Codec settings from ground up (1 Viewer)

Lufo

Portal Member
July 29, 2008
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hi!

I'm currently in the process of installing and configuring my new HTPC.
Last time I did, CoreAVC, Haali and FFDshow was the way to go, and as I understood it, that is not the case anymore.

I've been reading up on LAV and as I understood it, it's supposedly the way to go now?

I've been using Mediaportal with MPC as an external player.
Using my audio codecs with full pass trough to my receiver, streaming HD-content, mainly .mkv to my projector.

Any reason for me to not be using MPC anymore?
Did LAV play .mkv or do I still need Haali for that? or is madVR what you should use now?

The HTPC I'm using is based on Intel i3 3225 3,3Ghz with build in intel HD 4000 gpx.

Anyone has any recommendations for me what to install?
I'm pretty lost, even though I've been spending some time to read here, trying to get a better picture on were to start!

Help appreciated!
Thanks!

Edit: Also noteworthy to add that I'm using Win7 64bit

Last edited:

Lufo

Portal Member
July 29, 2008
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
And you are using Mediaportals built in videoviewer I guess?

Any HD audio out and so on? :)
thanks!

Last edited:

4Fred

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2005
    Jönköping
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    On that computer no hd sound and stuff, that one is in bedroom. And this one just like the other I only use MePo, no external players.

On my other setup I in livingroom I have a Radeon hd 5450 and that one is connected to Denon AMP, in LAV filters I have ticked the boxes for DD+DTS in audio config - and that's all. How HD audio that is I don't know...?

ced007

Portal Pro
    July 7, 2008
    Haute-Savoie
    Home Country
    France France
    Hello,
    Except if you using any specific tool/options (like another renderer: MadVr) that cannot be done in MePo directly, using the internal player is much more easy and LAV is very stable and efficient to use.

Lufo

Portal Member
    July 29, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hello,
    Except if you using any specific tool/options (like another renderer: MadVr) that cannot be done in MePo directly, using the internal player is much more easy and LAV is very stable and efficient to use.

I was under the impression that Mediaportal + LAV couldn't handle .mkv files.
    But maybe that is a past issue? :)

I will definitely try it out. Doing a fresh install of Mediaportal only using LAV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom