Color balance suggestion (1 Viewer)

pierremenard

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2006
    Verona (Italy)
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I've got this kind of problem, outside mediaportal. My htpc is connected to a lcd screen and a projector. Normally I use lcd and I turn on the projector only when I want to see a movie. I've got a switch (not very hi-fi) 1 vga in 2 vga out, but it do the job. The problem is that the projector has a green dominant (I don't know where it comes from, but black is dark green) that it is not possible to fix with the projector color profile menu and I have to change the color profile from video card. So in my video card properties I set 2 color profiles, one for lcd and another one for projector, and when I switch between the two I have to exit mediaportal, change the color profile and re-run mediaportal. Does anyone has a suggestion to do it from inside mediaportal?

Thanx!

F.

pierremenard

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2006
    Verona (Italy)
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Thinking about it, it should be a nice feature to have a profile selection inside mediaportal (not only with my kind of problem).
    My old tv (i do not have a tv right now) had different color (sport/movie/Tv show etc) and audio (talk show/movie/classical etc) profiles you could change manually on different programs.
    So an audio equalizer and a color equalizer could be implemented in mediaportal too.

F.

pierremenard

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2006
    Verona (Italy)
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    i think powerstrip supports hotkeys but am not entirly sure, give it a go
    http://www.download.com/PowerStrip/3000-2086_4-10395724.html

personally for a single monitor setup i would use monitor calibration wizard

It worked! There's no hotkey, but it's easy to set up and runnable from myprograms (I have to use the mouse, but just for 1 click)

Thanx!

F.

p.s. anyhow the color and audio profile inside mediaportal could be a good feature

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom