Comments and ideas about Titanium for MP2 (1 Viewer)

Smeulf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2010
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi,

First of all, great job on Titanium. Very great skin.

But you know me, I always take time to share my opinion.

First of all, I can't find any close button on the skin, exept when playing a video until now. It really bugs me, but it's not absolutely needed with a remote of course.

The second point is cosmetic : I would have place the date on top of the time. I think it could be better that way.

Last but not least : I think we have a problem with the "unseen" marker (red eye / white text). I explain.

If you watch a video, the screen persenting the video list is not reloaded when the video player closes. A way to solve that problem could be to reload the screen, but with a large list, it can take time...

An another way could be to add multiple "layers" containing the markers and only reload the needed one, but I have no idea if it's possible or not. Anyway, this leads me to a point where I think a rework would be necessary.

Also the "watched" marker is way to soon : I think we need a delay as in MP1 (IE 95% of the video by default, and a setting).

Anyway, this is getting better and better each day. Thanks to all.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks for feedback.

The "window buttons" are missing indeed, I left them away in the beginning and did not re-add them again. My plan is to integrate @chefkoch 's extended PowerMenu later for this purpose.

The "Video watched" indicator works differently to MP1: I use the single "PlayCount" property, this one is already increased on starting of the player. For a proper "viewed percentage" handling, we require another property in MediaAspect and need to change the player handling: on stopping we need to query progress and persist it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom