Commercial clean plugin (1 Viewer)

galmos

September 27, 2006
Home Country
Spain Spain
Hello,

I am trying to build a plugin to mark commercial starting and ending position using comskip just for training and entertainment.

After running comskip I need to store the output into the Bookmark database in order to allow the user skiping them.

My problem is that bookmark database stores the position as percentage and comskip output is in frames so I need to get the total duration of the dvr-ms file.

I've tried to use MediaPortal Player object to get this property, but it seems that the movie must be running in order to get this property.

I want to know if anyone knows how to get total duration of a recorded dvr-ms file.

Thanks to all in advance.

ASiDiE

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2005
    USA
    This sounds like a killer plugin but I just want to make sure you are aware of the new TV engine that is coming out. I wouldn't want you to work hard on this project to find out we are moving to a new engine. I suggest heading on over to IRC and taking with the guys working on the new tv engine.

mPod

Portal Pro
    January 26, 2005
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    According to Frodo TVE3 already supports comskip. Just mentioning, not that you're doing unneeded work.

galmos

September 27, 2006
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Thank you, I've read about new TVEngine features but the main reason to do this plugin is just learn something about MediaPortal developing and developing in general.

I decided to implement this plugin because it sound's easy in the begining and I think it's a great feature not included in the actual MeadiaPortal version.

So let me change a bit the question I made.

How can I get the dvr-ms file duration using the mediaportal libraries and without running a play command??

Maschine

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 15, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi galmos!

Sorry, I can't really answer your question, but maybe you have a look at the dvrms-cutter (video editing) plugin integrated in MP. That one also deals with Cutting the video files, maybe you can get some ideas there...

Maschine

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom