Compilation of other Plugins (1 Viewer)

MikeyL

September 26, 2005
I posted this sometime last night but, its gone after the server problems!

I am looking to use media portal on Plasma screen TVs around the school i work at. So the kids have thing to watch listen to during breaks and lunch.

What would it take to create a plugin that showed the TV, Today & Tomorows weather, a bit of news (RSS) and a graphic that changed each week (Week A/Week B).

I am new to media portal so some help, or pointers would be a great help.

From what i have seen so far, media portal looks great!

Mike

CoolHammer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2004
    Finland
    Hi,
    As far i know MP is not meant to work like you described. It means creating totally new plugin at least.

MediaPortal is meant to run on stand alone HTPC operated by remote.

Hope you will find software that suits your needs better than MP.

CoolHammer

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    Would it be possible to modify the MyTV page to do this?

Remove the buttons along the side and replace them with parts from the news and weather plug ins? I'm guessing not, but this is what I would be starting with.

I wish there were teachers like you at my school, although was a little before plasmas...

OK, and computers as we know them too ;-) MP may have been a little hard to program using logo on a Commodore Vic 20...

MikeyL

September 26, 2005
    Coolhammer: The idea is to have this screen display all the time. I already have the TV tuner card, Plasma TVs and other bits working. I was looking to put a nice front end on.

Still using the remote and things to be able to put the sport on from time to time and maybe a music channel after school.

I think i will have a play with the MyTV plugin, and try getting other bit working.

Marcusb: It would be great if all teachers shared my views about the kids enviroment. On the subject of old kit i did find an old BBC computer sitting in a cupboard the other day. Would you belive it still work!

MikeyL

September 26, 2005
    After trying my hardest to combine these plugings above, i have failed.

Is there anyone that could look at this, or help me get started.

Cheers

Michael

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom