Compiling C# with MS .NET Framework SDK (1 Viewer)

AllenConquest

Portal Pro
January 9, 2005
London, UK
Does this .NET Framework SDK give you an IDE, or does it only give you command-line compilers ? Otherwise I might as well download the Borland offering (although it seems a bit more tedious to set-up the project).

samuel337

Portal Pro
August 25, 2004
Melbourne, Australia
AllenConquest said:
Does this .NET Framework SDK give you an IDE, or does it only give you command-line compilers ? Otherwise I might as well download the Borland offering (although it seems a bit more tedious to set-up the project).

Nope, just the compilers, no IDE. You can try the free CSharpDevelop IDE though...

You're right with C# Builder; you do have to set up all the projects again because I don't think it reads VS.NET project files...

Sam

CoolHammer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2004
    Finland
    If your target is only compile from sources you don't need IDE for that.

I have used context as a editor and nant as a builder. It has it's short comings tho.

If you intend to do serious development (new plugins, etc) I would recommend VS .NET 2003 or c# Developer (GPL)

CoolHammer

L

Lost

CoolHammer said:
    If your target is only compile from sources you don't need IDE for that.

I have used context as a editor and nant as a builder. It has it's short comings tho.

If you intend to do serious development (new plugins, etc) I would recommend VS .NET 2003 or c# Developer (GPL)

CoolHammer

Hi CoolHammer, were you able to compile MP using Nant and/or #Develop?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom