Compro devices failing on windows 7 (1 Viewer)

spiderwheels

Portal Pro
October 28, 2009
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I have a Compro S350 DVB-S (PCI) and a Compro Vista U100 DVB-T (USB) on my system.

I have been running fine with Windows XP and MediaPortal 1.1 RC2

When 1.1 Final came out I decided to put it on a fresh Windows 7 (32-bit) partition (it seemed like a good idea at the time :D )

Unfortunately after a few days the Compro devices seem to give up. They just stop working. TV server hangs when I try to perform a channel scan. Restarting the system doesn't help.

If I uninstall both devices and restart the system, allowing it to automatically reinstall the devices, then it works again - for few days.

Has anyone else had any trouble with Compro devices on Windows 7?

P.S. seeing as the BBC have been fiddling with their HD channel it looks like I'm going to have to persist with Windows 7 as the PDVD codec no longer works properly and I am having to use the Windows 7 codec so I can't go back to XP :(

Ne3M

Portal Member
January 17, 2010
Home Country
South Africa South Africa
I have the same problem, except my TVservice.exe pops up with a "not responding dialog" First time I also had to uninstall the card and the reinstall and remap drivers. But now adays I just restart the PC and it works again. I have NO IDEA what may be causing this. :(

spiderwheels

Portal Pro
October 28, 2009
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi Ne3m,

I stopped my PC from going in to Standby and so far it hasn't happened again. Fingers crossed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom